Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 7:21AM (Unverified) said

I recall looking forward to this game - I think it was being compared to Age of Conan at the time. Good to see it's back on track, though MMOs are difficult to make enjoyable when they have the full blessing and funding of a major publisher from seed to fruition. I hope for the best, but I can't help but be pessimistic.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 8:11AM TheGreatMachine said

Awesome news; It might be swords and sorcery but at least it isn't medieval fantasy. I hope as it's unique and varied as the mythology it's based on.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 8:14AM TheGreatMachine said

Also, GaH! works well as an accronym.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 8:26AM BubleFett said

Is good to see this game being saved so it can at least gets a chance.
Hope they can pull it off.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 8:36AM ZoneOuT said

meh.. was never to impressed from what I heard about this game.. why couldn't they bring TR back instead lol...

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 9:13AM bassec said

This is the only game I got a beta invite to but then was later shut down. It was cool to say I played a game that was never released.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 9:39AM ahac said

I played the beta before it was shut down and it wasn't bad (at least the first zones).
It was obvious that it still needed some work and perhaps it was too early for a beta... and once I got to the first larger town it was kinda confusing... wasn't sure where I'll go from there... but I thought it could be a great MMO with some more development.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 10:04AM starchildren3317 said

I too was in the beta for this game. I thought it was a great concept and that they had great ideas, but the game was really different from the perception given. The idea of henchmen was absolutely fantastic, but the implementation fell short (equipping and leveling are what jump to mind). Aside from that, I thought that the game was way way way too linear (You are here and now you must go here, then here, and so on). It lacked the ability to go out and explore and felt more like someone was holding my hand.

I wish Heatwave all the best, hope they can put out an enjoyable game. The game has potential but with so many MMOs to choose from, and so many on radar, I feel they will need to revisit design.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 10:27AM Randomessa said

Oh, wow, this is most excellent news! I did not have the opportunitey to test G&H before the plug was pulled, but I had been following its development closely and was gutted when I saw that it had been canned.

(TR fans, there's plenty of room for all of us in MMO world...I hope you get what you want next.....)

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 11:54AM (Unverified) said

Great news! But the graphics looks pretty dated.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 11:55AM (Unverified) said

I played the beta...I hope they can get the game working because this game was no where near any state of completion...

They have a ton of work ahead of them.

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 1:08PM Gaugamela said

Cool! :D
Never heard of this game before but since i LOVE Ancient History and stuff about the Greeks and the Roman Empire this game is interesting to me.
And it is nice to see someone doing something different from the standard fantasy MMO.

Now if only they could bbuy out the rights for Allods and release as a sub game...

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 7:56PM Donau said

Yes torak there was a lot wrong with the beta.... and a lot right

minotaur army ftw.

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 2:03PM BigAndShiny said

wow! i remember reading about this. I was looking forward to this almost as much as I'm looking forward to the old republic. wow. when i saw this on massively i was like 'what??????!!!!!!' awesome. hopefully they can make this succeed

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 2:43PM Valentina said

I was looking forward to this game, it had such potential I was really sad when it got shelved. I'm sooo glad it's coming out!

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 5:23PM (Unverified) said

I remember beta testing this way back when. Was really looking fed to it. Here's to getting in the beta again;)

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 8:13PM Snorii said

Next up - bring back Mythica from the dead. :D

Posted: Feb 22nd 2010 11:43PM (Unverified) said

Well hmm, this looks neat. I love the setting. AoC was a disappointment to me right off 'cause of the idiot two-legged XP and loot bags pacing back and forth waiting to be killed. Hope this has none of that!

But... they've got Sony people, who seem to be constitutionally incapable of building a game that does not force you through a playbook, instead of letting you play. And two-legged xp and loot bags are their placeholders in said book. In mass quantities too - I still remember "kill 1000 gnolls" as part of the betrayal quest in EQ2. Said quest taking forever anyways, but 1000? that was just ridiculous.

So, I hope this works out well, but given Mr. Castoro's confidence that all of these developers "have done this before", I am afraid that if he lets them do what they're used to doing, we will get the same old thing. Again :(

Posted: Feb 23rd 2010 11:03AM (Unverified) said

I was playing in beta and you are correct there was alot wrong with the game but alot right as well. I Really enjoyed the environment but i do think that they would now need a graphics update. The fighting mechanic was great but I was not a big fan of having what you might as well call mercenary npc's fighting with you when they worked at all. To me it cuts back on the mmo aspect of the game. I think it has a great amount of potential however.