Posted: Feb 20th 2010 11:26AM Pingles said

There are several things that make this a hot issue:

1. Russian players have the bags very cheap. Unconfirmed but a Russian player on the forum said the same bag is $2 there.

2. We have been waiting for the cash shop to open for a long time and one of the main reasons is for bags

3. Bag space in Allods is VERY limited. Like no game I've played before. At one point my level 9 player had 4 open spots in the original bag because of quest items in the other spots. Imagine going out to hunt every time with 4 empty slots.

If they had released the bags at $2 every player would have one. Heck, if they were $5 I'd guess most players would never have blinked an eye.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 12:19PM (Unverified) said

Exactly. This was THE proverbial foot shooting. At $5 I would have bought at least four of them. At $20 I will buy none.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 12:40PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
It's pretty sad that people complain about anything and everything these days. Before the game was even out of CB, people were complaining about how a cash shop would ruin this game (just by having the shop in general). NOW people complain that "OMG I can't afford the cash shop items that I complained and despised before".

First of all the game is "Free to Play". You are not obligated to pay anything at all, and can totally disregard the money making aspects of the game altogether.

Second, all the things you can get in the cash shop can be had in game anyway. I don't get why people run into MMOs complaining they can't have everything laid in front of them instantly. Then once they rush through the game to get to the end before everyone else....they complain that "ohhhh there isn't anything to do at the end, boooo hooooo". People no longer take their time, explore, and enjoy a game for what it is.

Lastly, I don't understand why people are so upset about the cash shop. I mean the only thing that is disappointing about the game, which I doubt a lot of the people playing the game have experienced yet, would be the FoD (Fear of Death) mechanic. The cash shop does not eliminate this mechanic nor does it fix. As that is the only real problem with the game, why are people making such a damn fuss over something that, in my opinion, is not as relevant to gameplay.

Either way I have enjoyed the game as a free to play and plan on continuing to play it until something truly worthwhile comes out and is worth paying for. Yet I know I will have to listen to people complain about the dumbest things and I don't really understand why they do so, but who cares as long as its fun to play at least for a while....

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 1:56PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Lol - so you consider it 'fun' to have you're already-small bag 75% full of quest-related items, therefore having to run around the world with literally a handful of free slots?

In a game with no mounted travel, to boot.

I think you'd be kind of on your own on that one, jacked.
But all power to you..

(PS - the cash shop does exactly that to the FoD buff: it *eliminates* it by making you immune to it's effects - not sure how you come to the conclusion that it doesn't?)

"People no longer take their time, explore, and enjoy a game for what it is."
With 5 slots free in your bag? Correct - they don't.

With all due respect, jacked, you come across like a comment from the 90's. Misinformed, full of drama attention-seeking, and no substance.

In total and utter opposition to your comment I say this: The cash shop completely ruins this game.
I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in my opinion.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 1:51PM (Unverified) said

Your so way off base. This has nothing to do about the stat potions or the potions that give you power. Its about wanting to spend money on items and being able to do so because the prices are outrageous. 20 dollars for six additional bag slots? Really? 13.50 for 10 hours of game play without FOD? Come on?

If you want to play absorbant prices go ahead. Just make sure to stamp "Sucker" on your forehead.

The people complaining LIKE ALLODS. They want to PLAY and enjoy ALL OF ALLODS. But the cash shops prices kill that. No they effectively remove all ability to enjoy the game the further into the game you get.

Posted: Mar 3rd 2010 2:08AM (Unverified) said

Absorbant prices. XD XD XD

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 10:04PM (Unverified) said

I quit Flyff, another game made by Gala-Net, a LONG time ago because of how unreasonably high their cash shop items were. It was tantamount to highway robbery. I refuse to play any game developed by Gala-Net because of the way they construct the game to make a player rely on cash shop items to make the game play even the tiniest bit easier. Oh, you can play the game without cash shop items but it makes the game so difficult that you practically can't enjoy yourself. I will never, ever play another game developed by Gala-Net.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 2:29PM Averice said

• 1 heart
Also... there might be some serious loss of communication going on here. The shop was opened up because 2 items in it, which are FREE btw, are necessary to complete some of the quests, because the quest isn't currently working right or something.

If you load Allods Online, the launcher clearly does NOT let you access the shop. Again, the only reason it was opened in the STILL open beta, as opposed to release, is so you could grab the 2 items necessary for the quest in an easy location.

Has anybody actually even tried buying anything off the shop right now with their gpotato currency? I haven't, I don't have any gPotato money, but I'd be surprised if you could actually buy something.

- You can't access the shop outside of the game.
- The shop was opened so you could take a free item to complete a quest.
- The game is still in open beta, not release.
- Part of the shop hasn't even been translated to English yet, it's still in Russian.

So much anger over a bunch of wild assumptions from people who aren't even looking into all of the facts.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 2:29PM (Unverified) said

Five bucks says the prices will drop.

A business is going to start with the prices as high as they can possibly jack them up, and lower them according to demand. Demand is going to suck, other than some really rich morons, so it will most likely go down in price.

Either that, or noone will use the cash shop, as about 95% of the people have stated, so everything should be balanced anyway. :P

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 2:47PM (Unverified) said

I think that whoever is in charge of the actual pricing needs to realize that if they were to, for example, lower the price of a bag to 5 bucks, they'd probably make way more money than if they were to sell it for 20 bucks.

Plus people might be more willing to pay 20 bucks for four bags (assuming you can buy/use multiple extra bags), so... dropping the prices would overall help them more.

If they somehow stick with their current prices, that'll be a horribly foolish move for them, and they'll most likely realize that when hardly anyone pays for the items.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 2:35PM wjowski said

Just to put things in perspective, I can buy up almost the entirety of Dragon Age's DLC for less than twenty dollars. Or alternately buy a month of game time for any major subscription-based MMO.

This is absurd and anyone defending it is a fool or a paid shill.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 3:46PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
How do I become a paid shrill?

BTW, that is highly unethical in the PR community and if they belong to any sort of trade organization they could be thrown out of it for doing it.

Remember that the first online game - Neverwinter Nights on AOL cost $8 per hour to play. So quit your crying.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 4:51PM Gaugamela said

Mpdivo, then you are not a paid shrill. You are a fool.
And in the words of a wise man: "I pity da fool!"

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 5:20PM wjowski said

Why am I not surprised that the only defense for this nonsense is to pick out a typo?

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 2:44PM (Unverified) said

Ok, so I think people are justified in being upset over the item shop prices, but GalaNet did address that they are aware of player's concerns, that they would be reading the comments on their website, and factoring those comments into future changes. My suggestion for folks would be this: if you're enjoying this free game right now then continue to play it, but just play casually while open beta is still going on, and moniter what changes are made, if any, to the item shop. If they don't make suitable changes, and if you feel that they are still being unreasonable after open beta is over, then quit.
I think that too many people out there treat joining a new MMO game like joining a new religion. It becomes "all or nothing" and they end up taking something like this item shop situation personally. At this point rushing to put all of your game time eggs in the Allods basket probably isn't a good idea.
I think this game has great potential, and I'm going to give it a chance to correct some of the problems.
Will I be buying anything from the Item Shop right now? Definitely not.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 3:14PM Its Utakata stupid said

I think I can conclude that this game took a que from Cryptic in shooting itself in the feet on *launch day. A game that is supposed to be to the new poster child of ushering a new era of F2P games to the West, is now in damage control mode. It also confirms my suspicions with F2P's is that you can't trust them as far as you can throw Bill Roper.

*Note: I agree with Amana...if they've open'd up their Cash Shop, thus paying for the game...it's no longer beta.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 7:49PM wjowski said

Cryptic has nothing on this firestorm.

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 8:05PM (Unverified) said

Yeah. Playable Ferengis.? Meh. Playable Fed Klingons? I'm glad they are limited.

Six slots of bag space in an MMO for $20? What in the heck are they thinking?

Posted: Feb 21st 2010 1:59AM Its Utakata stupid said

....

Posted: Feb 20th 2010 3:57PM pcgneurotic said

Player Zatrak over on the official forums has just posted his own translation of some of the latest patch notes - Note 1 and 2:

"The patch is being currently applied to Ru servers, to be ready for download in about 3 hours. The patch notes say:

1. FoD mechanics changed - nobody knows how, yet))
2. The perfume costs are to be significally cut down

3. The patronage mechanics changed ( very very much it seems)
4. The character can't be resurrected without FoD
(here is unclarity - according to the notes, now a character will almost always be under the patronage or so.... )
5. Horses appeared - and almost all abilities that affected character speed cut down
6. The classes changed a much, for them, the rubies and talents are reset (6 out of 8 classes reset!).
7. Lots of new items in Cash Shop, some of them are really of interest

Yet, nobody has seen the patched game, so can't say anything about the gameplay...."