Posted: Feb 16th 2010 7:33PM DrewIW said

"EVE players are the lowest of the low. Asocial griefers, sociopaths who get off on nothing but ruining the game for others. They're outcasts from games made by compaines with actual ethics, who wouldn't stand for their scamming meta-gaming skullduggery."

amidoinitrite?

Seriously though, that's an awesome response from the players, and I'm glad CCP is extending it. I gave 2 PLEXs, and I encourage everyone to help out. If you can't afford a full plex, both CCP Plex for Haiti and Chribba are taking raw ISK donations, and buying as many plexs as possible.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 11:47AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
So you donated plex? Prove it. Otherwise, I wouldn't believe a word that came out of your mouth Drew.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:28PM DrewIW said

Are you a stalker, or just a spergy little carebear who doesn't like eve?

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 3:36PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
are you a caricature of the Eve troll, always the follower, rattling off all the sad little cliches that gives Eve such a bad name ("Carebear" "tears" "Go back to Wow", etc)?

Like I said, prove that you gave. I very much doubt that you did. From your comments on this forum which is a very clear visual of your character and integrity, it is most likely that you are lying about it. Perhaps you scammed enough ISK to buy some PLEX to donate. In that case, how very giving of you. You truly are a saint.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 4:02PM DrewIW said

"You are the single worst representative to EVE I have ever seen so your comments tend to rub me the wrong way. I know that pleases you."

Stalker. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 8:09PM rhorle said

• 1 heart
You know when I see the comparisons to how much real life money isk is it always makes me glad I don't play a game that allows stealing and backstabbing etc. The game is great but the part of such high value of stuff being lost or able to be stolen just turns me off.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 11:45PM SgtBaker said

lol, carebear :-P

Seriously though - sigh at you for coming in with the template "eve sucks because I can lose my precisous marbles"-comment to an article that is about generosity of the community - and for a very good cause as well.

Take your negativity and save it for the next EVE article.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:15AM rhorle said

• 1 heart
except I said the game was great and didn't say it sucked, or people sucked. Just that I didn't like seeing the real monetary value of losses. It has nothing to do with eve but I hate having the chance in any game to lose something to douche baggery that has such high monetary value.

I'm not a carebare, I like pvp. I enjoyed pvp in eve when I briefly played it, I didn't mind losing stuff to pvp.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:57AM SgtBaker said

So you were just happened to drive-by whine a bit about backstabbing and stealing in a otherwise very positive EVE thread :-) Sure, why not!

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 1:04AM GaaaaaH said

if you don't trade GTC/PLEX then nothing really has real world value to you.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 1:27AM rhorle said

I wasn't whining, it was just a comment on what the article made me think of, the value of isk and how that value can sometimes be a bad thing instead of a good thing.

You took it the wrong way and continue to bash me when I told you otherwise. The only whining being done here is by you

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 1:05PM SgtBaker said

I'm not whining, I'm trolling you because I find your e-peen pride rather amusing.
And best of all is - you keep biting.

So you say the article made you think all the bad things about ISK and EVE. Like you said It's a great game but..., it makes you glad you don't play it.., stuff getting lost turns you off...

And the article is about ...CCP donating some money to help the people of Haiti..

Explain again the part where you were not whining about otherwise totally positive piece of EVE news?

We're dying to see where this goes next.. ;-)

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 2:58AM (Unverified) said

"One player donated a staggering 341 PLEX"

I can't help but be paranoid and think that it is Karttoon, CEO of GoonSwarm.
He recently dissolved and pillaged his alliance and ran with the ISK. :-)

Today is a glorious day for EVE players! We prove that are not only backstabbers, thieves and jerks but we do it all with a caring heart.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:56AM (Unverified) said

If these prove to be successful, I imagine some creative game devs will implement routine game currency donation drives as a significant anti-inflation measure. Plus the company gets the PR value of saying "we donated $X".

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 3:22AM (Unverified) said

So, how many of their $150mil / month did Blizzard donate? Or did they introduce yet another useless pet, that can be purchased for $20 a piece, of which half of the earnings are donated?

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 1:28PM DevilSei said

Luggage, you forgot to mention that the pet for charity was essentially a reskin of an existing model in-game (wolvar pup), was only $10, not 20, and the whole "charity" event lasted for less than a couple of months...

Sooo, following that logic. If they did add a new pet for $20, they'd probably only donate 25% of it to charity, and would give you a slightly re-colored core-hound pup... =P

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 5:02AM Graill440 said

This is great news indeed. I will be looking forward to the actual dollar amount posted by CCP and the link to the relief fund recieving its acknowledgement. Well done.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 5:15AM Critical Mass said

I just quit Eve for good yesterday.

Couldn't accept certain aspects of the game anymore, some of which CCP obviously doesn't care about. Probably something akin to the mindless engagment with game mechanics, like suggesting target painter "balancing" against dreadnoughts. Like they just don't care or even refuse to deal with the larger picture so to speak.

Ok, so I thought at some point to get rid of all my stuff and buy Plex', but I had then already given away most of of my isk. If I had thought about donating Plex' earlier, I might have followed up on this. My stuff was worth probably, hm, about 10 bil isk in total.

Else, at the very least I donated the 2x Plex' for the Haiti drive when it all started. :)

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:19PM Dblade said

Isn't this kind of odd though? 98.6% of the players bought the PLEX with ISK and donated it, spending no real life money at all. That means the people who bought the timecodes in the first place got the full ISK value for them, which is the reason to buy a PLEX at all.

The ones donating it spent 0 real world dollars to do so-they just didn't convert it into time, and at the current going rate that's like losing a well fitted higher tier ship. It's an accounting trick, but most of the people "paid" by grinding ingame currency as opposed to actual cash, and the majority of those who paid rl money didn't donate at all-they got ISK for it, business as usual.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 1:38PM DevilSei said

Dblade, I can thing of something else that starts with D and has a B in there too for you.

In the end, does it really matter? Business as usual could of been them just accepting a quarter of the donated plexes total worth. It could of been them not even offering a chance to donate plexes in game, and you had to buy them from the store for the donation to count. But no, they chose a unique way to handle it.

Its a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation apparently for CCP, cause either way now it seems, people would be bitching and crying foul at them.