Posted: Feb 16th 2010 1:16PM Psychotic Storm said

Overall all these sound great.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 1:29PM Damn Dirty Ape said

This sounds great. It's obvious that Global Agenda is HiRez's baby and that they will likely putting a lot of work into it rather than just jumping to their next project.(*cough* cryptic *cough*)

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 1:33PM Neurasthenic said

Sweeeet.

Last time I defended Global Agenda somebody accused me of being "the kind of person that keeps costing innocent gamers $50" or some bologna like that. But I think Hi-Rez is on the right track here, and the fact that the subscription is not yet necessary makes me feel completely comfortable with the game still being a work in progress. It's a different scenario when a fully pay-to-play game is released with missing features.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 1:33PM Zaetal said

Interesting, you definitely can make some pretty big map areas in the UT3 engine. While I'm not subbing to this anytime soon, I do have the game purchased, really just waiting to be able to choose what map type I want to pvp on in March to play again.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:00PM Lateris said

UDK III- gotta love it!

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 1:58PM (Unverified) said

i think we all saw this coming, its necessary to keep the subscription portion alive.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:03PM Tizmah said

Won't people get pretty upset, or not understand why the features they have been getting for free for so long to then suddenly become sub?

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:04PM Psychotic Storm said

care to explain this comment, you lost me there.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

Only if they don't read the games website, their email, the forums, or the login news feed, or any MMO websites such as this one.

If their that out of the loop, well, thats their own fault :P

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:51PM MrGutts said

So these "open world" things they are talking about, it's not going to be one of there many instanced zones? Are they saying 200 guys and gals can go out there and shoot each other for the hell of it?

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:28PM Seraphina Brennan said

I dunno if it's going to be that big, and it will most likely still be instanced so the server doesn't explode (a la Dome City) but I'm sure it's going to be more than your standard 20 person in an instance.

Plus, if they can pull it off, they can most likely apply the same technology to other areas of the game. And that means it can only go up. ^_^

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:51PM spamero said

NOW I am interested, gonna keep my fingers crossed for this one, hope it will develop to be fun!

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:58PM Joshua Przygocki said

I love this game, it has some of my favorite things from TF2 but it also gives me a reason to keep playing. I do hope, however, that the new weapons and devices are just different methods of doing the job that my current weapons and devices do, I'd hate to see this game go stat based...

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 11:06PM (Unverified) said

i would rather see them go the other way and make a lower subscription fee and boil the action down into what makes this game good rather than try to justify a traditional MMO subscription with traditional MMO staples that don't fit.

still, if they do fit, then great.