Posted: Feb 18th 2010 12:05AM (Unverified) said

I hope by "Guild Wars Route" you just mean the normal route every offline game with multiplayer options goes (buy once), and not the "zomg we are the future of this MMO biznez we can do better without monthly-fee zomg zomg" false promise route where the game turned into this content/support/balance/patch-free husk of its potential-filled self after 2 years and then evolve into this milking machine to fund its own sequel a bit later.

Because that's just sad.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 2:16PM nearly nil said

The Wowish mechanics and graphics aside, the thing that bothered me about the installation is when they asked for my email password. I was very surprised that they asked for that! It was optional, but it seems crazy to ask for a private password like that. Bold faced phishing IMHO...

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 4:49PM zgomot said

That's strange, it never asked for mine. You could just change your to be on the safe side, however.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 9:59PM sandwiches said

The FoD thing killed this game for me. It seemed like it was going to be my next MMO addiction and thanks to one little changed, it's dead for me.

Posted: Feb 18th 2010 10:10AM Roland44 said

People need to stop judging F2P MMO's by the same criteria as P2P...ALL F2P MMOs are looking for ways within the game that the player will look at and say to themselves, "yea this is something I'd be willing to pay a bit to have some Convenience"

If it was a P2P game this would never be a consideration.

BUT with any F2P/Cash Shop game things/areas like this is what they implement to PAY for the cost of developing and running the game.

You either need to realize that and accept it going in or play for free and not complain OR not play this type of game.

Your never going to have the Perfect Game experience in a F2P game without using the cash shop a bit. That's the way it's designed!

It's not rocket science lol

Posted: Feb 18th 2010 2:25PM (Unverified) said

I second the last comment. Some people are just miserable, whiney complainers. Allods is FREE and this is still beta, so be a little understanding. The lag in the main city/starter area(empire) seemed a lot better on day 2, but I still noticed a little stutter sometimes in combat....might just be from so many people on at once...I don't know. I also had the tiny potion icon from the potion vendor stuck on my screen sometimes....it went away after I relogged. Other than that things have been running smoothly.

Posted: Feb 19th 2010 5:21AM (Unverified) said

My friend was really excited to play Allods and he talked it up so much i was about to jump on too but he then played it and found that he need to buy bags from the cash shop if he wanted any size bigger than the basic one, this whole micro transaction system seems so shady to me... but then again Cyptic has found away to make the subscription model greasy

Posted: Feb 19th 2010 6:20AM (Unverified) said

The is a quest in the earlier levels that will give you a bigger bag, but the drops that you need to complete the quest are very rare. Flea's knees or something. Rarer than Murloc eyes.

Posted: Feb 19th 2010 10:45PM (Unverified) said

All this FoD uproar, and I hear its only some gold to get rid of FoD anyway? LOL. If I can use in game gold for it, and its not some sort of highway robbery where I'd be broke after three or four deaths, not a big deal.

The game is fairly decent, and I will play it to see how it turns out. As it looks, the cash shop came out today with horrible pricing, but all of the crap you don't really need. It's not full of autopots like Perfect World, and doesn't have a lot of imbalancing options (without paying ridiculous sums, and even then its just an edge). These things start high priced and drop accordingly, we'll see how it plays out.

The golden rule is, as long as you are having fun for free, its a good F2P.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories