Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:59PM Tom L said

Wow... reading is fundamental. I was responding to your trying to turn the OP off of the game over FoD when it was obvious that HE. Hadn't. Played. Allods. Yet.

Wow.

And, again, I don't see what the hue and cry about FoD is about. If you don't like it that much, don't play.

Ta,

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:09PM Wensbane said

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how Astrum Nival and Gala-Net see it, as well.

"Don't like it, don't play!"
That's exactly the kind of mentality that will bring them MANY years of success and profit.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

...servers appear to be overwhelmed.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:19PM Nukem said

I'm not sure whats happening but server was suppose to be up 20 mins ago. But it doesnt seem to be or totally overrun by people trying to login.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:31PM Lokasaki said

Looking forward to trying this.

FYI I'm downloading directly from the gPotato site and it's maxing out my connection

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:30PM dudes said

Gah, wish they hadn't asked for my email password during registration. Puts me right off before even downloading.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:32PM (Unverified) said

What's going on? I thought the server was supposed to open at 11AM PST, It's now 11:30 and I'm still "unable to esbalish connection". Getting pretty annoying as I'd like to get a decent name for my char instead of some lame shit like Cloud12313. I hope this isn't an example of how their customer service is going to be.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:45PM (Unverified) said

If you can't get on, no one else probably can either.

And not to sound like one of the It's Only Beta people, but cut them some slack... a half hour for something like this is nothing. Blizzard suffers delays of several hours, sometimes alot more, when they implement patches, to say nothing of a full game.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:46PM Rimshot0 said

This is a terrible game. Now all of you haters stop trying to log in so we can play!

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:01PM Tom L said

Yup FoD has completely destroyed all interest in this game. Oh we few, we whiny few!

Ta,

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 4:24PM Its Utakata stupid said

The only thing that seems to be whining around here is Tom Luongo.

Look, players have legit concerns about this FoD mechanic. If you don't like it, you don't have to read their comments. Capish?

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:48PM Saylah said

The Allods website is on its knees now much less being able to log into the game. Wow, this is going to be lag-o-licious for a few days. But crowds make the first couple of weeks more fun.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 2:48PM dudes said

Servers melted down to slag.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:58PM Pingles said

Servers back up as of 12:30 PM PST. Just got my Warrior started.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 6:53PM (Unverified) said

This game is really fun! I named my male orc tank Nancy!

But, seriously great job Russians! This shows that mmo game design and vodka go well together.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 11:03PM (Unverified) said

People who say this FoD is exactly like WoW's rez sickness are either.-

1. Never play WoW or played but never really die or died but never use the spirit healer rez.

2. Never play Allods or played but never really die or get beyond lv5.

3. Both.

Because these two mechanics are not the same. You won't get ANY Rez sickness whatsoever in WoW if you run to your corpse/wait for people to rez you instead of rezzing with spirit healer's help (which also damages your items for 25% more).

In Allods, you get FoD if you die after certain level (5 I think? I'm not sure). Period. No way to avoid it. Well, unless you count the miraculous cash-shop which is the answer to everything.

Personally, I come to Allods knowing full well how it's gonna be with this cash shop business so I'm not really surprised. But it's wrong to mislead people into thinking that this FoD is something it isn't. It's bad but it's necessary for business. After all, this game is F2P.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 6:40AM smoke2000 said

I think it's awesome they added a penalty to dying in pvp. They're too scared to be a full loot game, but making people pay high amounts of ingame gold or even real life cash seems like a good trade-off for dying in pvp to mean something.

It's nice to know that if you killed someone, they'll be affected by it and not just get some score changed to +1 or -1 that no one cares about.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 9:17AM Sephirah said

"Ha! I killed you noob! Now spend some euro to get rid of FoD. Don't worry, I'll wait till you'll be back to kill you again and again. And don't dare to complain that I'm more than 10 levels above you, scrub!"

Nice game. No, really.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 7:06AM archipelagos said

This is a real shame. Allods had such a good buzz about it and not from hype: it was that super rare case of people playing the game and saying it was great. All the marketing in the world can't buy you that kind of buzz and to see all that good work undone because of one mechanic. Real pity.

Hopefully they go to a subscription model because it looks as if a lot of people would happily pay that to play.

Posted: Feb 17th 2010 12:29PM wjowski said

Honestly, why don't more so-called P2P games go the Guild Wars route? I'd rather have to pay a box-price for the game than have to put up with this garbage.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014