Posted: Feb 15th 2010 12:31PM MrDiamondJ said

As a WAR subscriber, I feel like I'm part of a sandbox meta-game that Mythic is playing called "Design an MMO On the Fly".

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 3:49PM Sean D said

I no longer subscribe, but your statement here describes very well how I felt when I was subscribed and playing.

It's a shame, really. It may go without saying, but that we feel/felt this way just shows how confused and directionless Mythic is with WAR and how transparent their confusion and lack of direction is to everyone, including their players.

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 2:36PM Saylah said

That's quite funny and sad all at the same time.

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 3:50PM Sean D said

And for how long they have been confused and directionless (I haven't played in avidly for many months).

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 5:11PM (Unverified) said

I resubbed in December after 6 months, and though I'm quite happy with the game now, I would really like if they found the best direction finally :P

About the revised scenario structure: it is definitely way better than the original plan last week, and I appreciate that they listened to their customers in this case, but I wish this listening to the feedback from the playerbase would be, well, an everday habit, so to say :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next patches (especially 1.3.5)

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 9:04PM techmunkey said

I played WAR at release and it was fun but got busy in my life and found frustration in the fortress areas and cancelled. I re-subbed in December and have found a really nice experience. I played 4 years of DAOC and 4 years of wow only to have found my home with WAR. It is great for a small burst of fun or a long ORVR session.
The direction of the game is clear easy access PVP.
Great PVP:
- Keep Strats(Defense payouts for efforts, lots of options for play styles) - Check
- Quick Travel - Check
- War Report to get into action faster - Check
- Warband System - Join and fight Fast - Check
- Balanced classes - Check - paper, rock, scissors works
- Rewards for everything you do - Check
- Nice Guild System - Check

All games have their flaws but this game is fun and keeps my attention. I look forward to future patches. 1.3.4 is really looking good.