Posted: Feb 13th 2010 3:07PM (Unverified) said

I think i just went from excited to foaming at the mouth belligerent to get my hands on this game.

I love that they are including original locations from kotor. Also, wtb HK-47.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 4:07PM RogueJedi86 said

There's original KotOR locations in more ways than one. That ship in the pic for this article is the Endar Spire wreckage I believe. Someone found mention of it in the aurebesh on the planet page.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 5:11PM Interitus said

All the republic ships looked like that. It was my understanding you could visit the wreckage of the Endar Spire, but the ship in the picture might not be the actual Endar Spire, just the same class.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 6:52PM RogueJedi86 said

It would be weird if Taris was covered in multiple wreckages of Hammerhead-class cruisers. I would figure we'll get just the Endar Spire's wreckage, to keep it unique and easy to reference in the game("Not that Hammerhead wreckage, the other one!"). I can't recall any other Republic ships shot down over Taris either, though we have 300 years of potential battles for others to crash to the surface too.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 3:05PM Ivasen said

Could you please try and sit them down for a Q&A?
I'd really like to know how much of the game is skybox and I'm blocked by invisible walls.

Not that I'm not anticipating this game, I just don't want to feel like I can't explore in an MMO (Especially in a star wars MMO).

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 4:27PM RogueJedi86 said

I don't know if you're aware, but each planet's holonet page has a video of a flyover of the planet. The little mountain looking icon at the top right on each planet's page. Most of them show flyovers of zones, giving a good idea of sizes of zones. They aren't definite examples of the planet sizes, but they give an overview at least. Plus if you look closely at the screenshots and videos on each page, you can see landmarks in many that establish them as all being part of one big area.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 7:06PM yeppers said

... or ex-STO fanboy. I'm very skeptical of everything hyped after that clusterfrak.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 7:35PM RogueJedi86 said

The resident anti-TOR flamer is Jack. I expect he'll be here soon enough unless he's given up.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 9:10PM (Unverified) said

Did my boss write this? He uses the phrase "by the same token" so much, I once counted him saying it 7 times during one of our shift's start-up meetings.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 12:27AM yeppers said

Haha... I had a boss that said "At the end of the day..." at least a couple of times in every conversation.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 3:17AM (Unverified) said

@yep - I understand your frustration, but let's also not forget that STO was made by Cryptic, who have shown no capability of acting like a responsible or quality dev (until recently, and the votes are still out on that)... whereas TOR is being published by one of the most respected RPG / Game developers out there right now - BioWare.

With Cryptic, you have Champs Online as their 'resume'. With BioWare, you have Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragon Age Online, KOTOR, NWN, and Baldurs Gate (and MDK II iirc). I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but I have a LOT of confidence in Bioware, and I'm pretty sure Blizzard is keeping a keen eye on them because they could make quite a dent if they pull it off right.

Interesting side note - I was discussing it with friends the other day, and a paradox occurred to me - where most studios have rushed production so they can recap their investments or try to meet Blizz on the same launch dates, by taking their time and polishing the game, TOR may be positioned to hit at a key point where many players are losing the love for the game, and Blizz's very clear use of their "B-team" to manage the last xpac and customer service lately has only cause more discontentment. PLEASE Bioware, get this right!

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 6:54AM pcgneurotic said

"The rakghouls and plagues that marked the planet's lowest sectors remain amidst the ruins..."

Rakghouls = Kill 10, return to quest-giver.

Plagues = Collect 10 plants/mushrooms/Rakghoul livers and return them to Doctor Jedi so he can make a formula to heal the sick.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 1:52PM wjowski said

...You do know in the original KOTOR there were two missions that pretty much involved exactly that, right?

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 11:36AM Lateris said

The only thing that will bum me out is that I won't get to go in those skyscrapers and jump off with my Bounty Hunter Jet pack.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 3:03PM pcgneurotic said

Blimey, it's been aaaages since I played it. Not sure if I even got that far tbh. Hey, I heard it's not too friendly with XP, so if I reinstall it one day, is there anything I should know?

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 3:04PM pcgneurotic said

or rather, Vista. Which would be fien since my desktop is still XP. Ok, never mind. On with the 'kill 10 Jedis' then!