Posted: Feb 13th 2010 10:29AM (Unverified) said

It's also interesting because GOA runs WAR Europe. I wonder if EA/Mythic will be taking over that as well.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 11:08AM Gaugamela said

"No word is officially given on why the change in management was deemed necessary, although speculation is certainly possible."

Why dear Elliot, that's because GOA is composed of incompetent idiots that mismanaged this game and WAR in Europe.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 11:20AM Seffrid said

It's also because EA didn't own Mythic when both games were first launched and so Mythic entered into a contract with a European company to run the games in Europe. That contract has now expired in respect of DAoC and with GOA having made a fist of it and EA now on the scene it makes sense for Mythic not to renew it. I have no doubt that they will do the same when the contract for WAR expires.

It has the added advantage for Mythic that they can merge the EU and US servers if they wish to, with obvious cost benefits as well as enabling the players to have better populated servers.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 11:21AM Pingles said

DAoC was my first MMO and I have fond memories.

But how many people can possibly be playing nowadays?

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 11:23AM swarmofcats said

According to the server numbers, around 3-5k concurrent players.

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 2:12AM oGGe said

The Ywain-cluster is VERY much alive, it even hits the cap of 4000 players now and then..

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 10:03AM (Unverified) said

Something like two months ago I read about the DAoC and really wanted to play it...
So I had downloaded the European version, made a trial account and entered the game.
No one was there, and after two hours of playing alone, without anyone answering in the global chat someone did answer and told me that I'm the first one to talk in the global chat for four days...

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 12:58PM jpkustra said

Bring on DAoC 2 please!

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 3:34PM CCon99 said

WAR should have been a Cut & Paste of DAoC, just with new artwork and updated graphics. If it would have been half as fun as DAoC was before the TOA expansion, it would probably still have around 300-500k subs, maybe even more.

Posted: Feb 26th 2010 1:30PM (Unverified) said

Seriously? I'd say just rework UI to be more modern and revamp graphics (I don't really mind graphics like in WAR) and that's could be it. The game itself is ideal that nobody managed to copy so far.