Posted: Feb 13th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

It is amazing, that since 2004, i been following this game. but i never could play, thanks to gametaps country restrictions, i was very sad as i head them taking over, but now i can play and enoy the singleplayer and multiplayer aspect of the game. what makes it interesting is the new content added to mmo kind of games, the single player series of myst, where the most amazing puzzle games, with beautiful graphics, it is the only good game i know that dose not have violence in it, just fun, sociallize, explore, puzzle, share, and lots of respect from other players, since the game audiance is very different from the games that haters and kids with less tolerance and patience play.

it,the game, dose not look so good,compare to games released now, it has been a while. but it is amazing that the people over and cyan, pulled it off and made the game open source.

you sure should join the growd and go take a deep breath, to dive into the mysteroius world of Uru once again... enjoy your journey, with the little bugs that such and old game can have.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 4:15PM (Unverified) said

I must say, I have started to become a bit curious as to what this game actually is. Maybe I'll give it a try. This is a great guide, though; I'm pretty certain I would've just attempted to rush through the game like I often do, if I hadn't read this.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 4:45PM (Unverified) said

Wow... That's quite an amazing language too. Tricky, but because it's phonetic not impossible. Translated my nickname would be wíkotez (of course after applying the font).

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 9:56PM Eamil said

I love the backstory behind the Myst series and something like this gives people a chance to immerse themselves in it more than anything else, so I'm really looking forward to playing it when I get the time.

Posted: Feb 15th 2010 10:55PM (Unverified) said

It took me a few hours just to remember the basics of the game. I played it way back then, too, and I loved it.

They had a voice chat, is that still working? I loved how the voices would fade and get louder as you got closer or farther away from the person.

One of my favorite tips is to go to the options, advanced options and check the "stay in first person view" option. Also, you can run by holding the normal arrow keys plus shift, if you have wrist issues like me and can't always hold down right and left click.

Beau

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 5:05AM dragossh said

Press caps lock and you will automatically run. There is no need to press shift all the time.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 1:37AM (Unverified) said

There are about 600 Myst-Uru fans in Second Life (group: Dni Refugees). Another large number in Guild Wars, WoW, EVE, THERE... with in hours all the SL fans were running to check out the new incarnation of MOUL as MOULagain.

Myst Style builds in SL are Eder Gira and Crux Isle. In OSGrid look for Devokan. Others are popping up in Fallout 3 and Team Fortress... as odd as those last two seem to me...

The MystOnline.com forum is busy. There were lots of problems logging in because Cyan under estimated the interest. The servers were over whelmed. They quickly upgraded them and things are nicer now. Lots of good technical support can be found there.

Thanks Seraphina for a good orientation to Myst.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 9:45AM (Unverified) said

I loved the original Myst back in the day. If you enjoy fantasy reading or are in any way a fan of Myst, I HIGHLY encourage you to check out the books: The Book of Atrus, The Book of Ti'ana, and The Book of D'ni.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 3:17PM MewmewGrrl said

This is one game I never got to play. I've literally tried about 150 "MMOs" (a few can't be classified as an MMO, but most could, and yes, there have been well over that many released - there are so many small ones that people just don't know about and never have but anyway, that's another subject) - but this is one game that I never did get to try out. I'm playing it now, and it's pretty neat. You definitely don't want someone to spoil the puzzles for you unless you are REALLY stuck. But the point is to run around trying to solve them. I personally like the old Myst where everything from that age is within that one age, this one takes the path of having to reach certain parts of an age by traveling through another, but it's still a neat game. Honestly if they are re-releasing it for real, I'd pay to get new episodes added on. The Myst world always was interesting to me, the stories and such. The only thing I don't like is the character customization here, tho it's from long ago so I guess I can't complain much, but still, I don't like that you can wear "Myst" and "Riven" and "Cyan" shirts and such. It really ruins the immersion feeling of the game to see people running around in such clothing to me (luckily most people don't use them).

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories