Posted: Feb 12th 2010 5:35PM (Unverified) said

Wow, apparently alot of reader excitement for this judging from the barrage of comments...or lack there of.

That is good news. Better news will be if they stick with it for any meaningful amount of time.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:02PM pcgneurotic said

• 1 heart
I'm utterly stupefied - where's the hate? Where's the incoherent, frothy-mouthed rage and misinformed bile spewing venom? Come on people, there's a Cryptic post up!!! Jeez...

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:14PM Lokasaki said

It's probably because people are so sceptical and untrusting of this company that even 'positive' announcements like this don't matter.

Cryptic have made their bed, now they can lie in it.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:20PM Psychotic Storm said

So here it is, happy now?

Anyway, good initiative, lets see how it will evolve, if nothing else they at least try to make up their PR.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:22PM Tizmah said

What more needs to be said? We don't really need to beat a Dead Horse with a stick. The Dead Horse kind of beats itself you know?

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:54PM Keen and Graev said

People have stopped caring.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 7:55PM (Unverified) said

No need we get our quota of misinformed,bile spweing venom from fan boys! 8D

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 9:20PM (Unverified) said

If you were Cryptic, which would you rather have: a vocal, angry group of players and former-players complaining in great detail about what they'd like to see changed, or players who simply unsubscribe and walk away in silence? There's a reason MMOs ask you to fill out an exit survey when you quit.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 10:20PM Its Utakata stupid said

Actually the only thing here that's stupfying is your post, Neurotic....just for thinking that everyone's beef with Cryptic was invalid. So let me ask you, where is all the hate when anytime Massively reports about Fallen Earth, Allods or Eve for example? You will note you'll see very little of it...infact, it's quite the opposite. Perhaps we are aware when the games' owners are actully doing something right. Thus our opinion isn't so incoherent, frothy-mouthed raging, misinformed bile spewing venom after all. Non?

As for myself, I'm not going to bash Cryptic for making positive changes. But I do remain skeptical of where this is all going.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:15PM (Unverified) said

Another placating platitude from the mouth peice of Cryptic!!

Totally just kidding, it's good to see the Cryptic is trying it's darndest to respond to the wants of the very vocal members of it's user base.

Currently my 6 month sub for Champions will probably lapse after march (perhaps to be updated some time in the future ((if DC online isn't that good ;))) But I'm really enjoy Star Trek Online right now so I'm hoping they see success with that game so I can get me some more content.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:16PM (Unverified) said

Epic grammar fail, sorry about that!

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:28PM Samael said

Finally they decided to listen for a change. Wonder what happened there? I am happy though. Cryptic is showing signs of getting better, hope they follow through.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 7:28PM Lateris said

I really am extremely excited to see this. I really want to see this studio regain the trust of a community that really does want to standout from the masses just like Turbine or CCP has accomplished through customer loyalty.
Please believe in your customers as they will back you up if you’re fiercely loyal to them. The worker bees are really good at this studio. They need to shine.

Mannnnn this CD by Beck called "Sea Change” sounds soooo good while reading this!

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 7:28PM Lateris said

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 10:50PM Tezcatli said

I was thinking of trying STO. Because the game play looked interesting. Then I heard about all the ruckus over the pay to play content they were adding and the new paid expansion they were working on.

Being as poor as I am. I don't want to pay for a game that lacks content and then have to pay an additional fee to pay for the content it lacked in the first place. So I decided not to touch Cryptic's products until I saw some improvements in their business model. This is a step in the right direction. But I'll only touch their games with a ten foot poll. AKA when they release free trials lol.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 10:52PM Tezcatli said

Oops. To clarify, the expansion and pay to play content, I was referring to Champions. My bad.

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 3:04AM (Unverified) said

@ Quetzal

The content that was going to be charged for is now going to be distributed free of charge. Refer to the announcement here: http://www.champions-online.com/node/594840.

Posted: Feb 14th 2010 9:38AM pcgneurotic said

"...just for thinking that everyone's beef with Cryptic was invalid"

Sorry, which post were you talking about? Obviously not mine...

Also: Why was that worth a grey? I was just making an observation...