Posted: Feb 11th 2010 12:34PM Arkanaloth said

I reallly hope they throw in a lot more quests.. my Rogue / Druid is 40 / 40 and literally *out* of quests I can do... so it's down to grinding dailies which is the reason I left WoW.... >_>

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 1:44PM (Unverified) said

I've never quite made it to 40.. my highest is a 35/32 scout/rogue... no shortage of quests yet but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 1:47PM dudes said

Thunderhoof? Now c'mon RoM, try harder man. Dala(ra)nis as well?

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 3:57PM (Unverified) said

I've read over the features. It all looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'm mostly interested in lore, a larger world, and I'm very curious about the difficulty setting on instances.

@Dude It may look similar and maybe it is. But they make hundreds of games, all over the world, on changing around just 1 letter or syllable to make entirely new words. Arthus/Arthur, Lich King/Witch King, etc....

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 5:23PM dudes said

Just a little time extra spent coming up with their own names instead of 'cashing in' on other companies brands might make me feel more lenient. But they don't. Art is dead.

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 5:28PM dudes said

Without looking to much like a troll, if ya enjoy the game go for it.

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 9:21PM (Unverified) said

By creating that argument you've opened up to the prospect of who's cashing in on other brands? RoM by coming up with their own name Dalanis, that some, who have played WoW think it's similar to the name Dala(ra)nis used in WoW, or WoW who uses other brands like Mr. T and other blatant pop culture references which are slight name changes that are supposed to be recognized as funny and kitsch?

In the world of fantasy, WoW is just a grain of sand. I'm certainly not going to find any fault in a book that comes out next week that has someone or somewhere named Dalanis or Dalaranis. I'm not going to say anyone is less unique or copying by using something in the work that they refer to as a King of Liches.

WoW's entire sub-genre of elves bears striking resemblance in pronunciation and sound to Tolkiens brand of Elven names and language.

There's many different levels to what names you use and how you use them. There could be fantasy stories that stick with very simple and/or repeated names that have wonderful story, why others may have painstakingly made sure they have all totally new sounding names but the story stinks.

To me, it trivializes someone finding a handful of words in one game, that sound similar to words in another, and doesn't mean.

It's akin to players who see artwork and concept art for MMORPGs. If the artwork doesn't have lots of detailed textures and pointy spikes coming out everywhere, then it is "generic", when really it's a lack of art appreciation.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:11AM dudes said

True, and some good points. But WoW didn't name Darnassus as Rivendell or Lothlorien. Thunderhoof, now c'mon. That's just a little bit too close.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 1:31PM Bigwig said

i predict one zone released in may, with other zones being released over the following 6 months.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 5:54PM (Unverified) said

World of Warcraft -> Shadow of the Necropolis (patch)
Runes of magic -> Gates of the Acropolis (patch)

it seems a bit too close in general. And I am not sure, but isn't RoM a WoW "clone"?

Posted: Feb 13th 2010 6:41PM (Unverified) said

I would feel comfortable saying that it is a clone, and frankly, that is why I played it. A FREE WoW clone. Worked for me. If WoW had been free to a certain level (or microTransactions) or cheaper, I would still be playing it now. I haven't played ROM for a bit, but I still update it every week.

Posted: Feb 21st 2010 11:45AM (Unverified) said

I love/hate this game, and yes, RoM is a WoW clone, the very definition of it. However, I did like it when I played, i found the players less annoying then the ones in WoW. I wrote a lil review on it, where I compared the two even more if anyone wants to check it out. If the game fixed the lag problems I have in dungeons/towns, then I would come back to it for sure. What I did like about it, was being able to buy item mall things with in game currency (albeit, diamonds costing alot of gold!)