Posted: Feb 10th 2010 1:19PM (Unverified) said

I so want to like this game.
But with it still doing silly things like this:

..I just can't :S

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 1:49PM (Unverified) said

These stories are so making me want to play Fallen Earth again, but money is tight enough as it is... Maybe another month to satisfy the jitters...

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 2:08PM JuliusSeizure said

Oh, wow. How'd you get that top screenshot?

Also, glad to hear this is getting extended, and with good reason to do so too. :)

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 4:27PM (Unverified) said

Fallen Earth is so much fun! Sure, they could still improve the physics of the game, and I think they will. I love the way the game designers are communicating with the FE community and working hard at improving this already amazing game. I just cancelled my Aion account for FE. Yeah, I know...easy choice, but in defense of Aion, a lot of MMOs out there have that same "grindy" feel. I just crafted or trained my 1st Riding Horse in FE. It's such a big improvement over poor Old Nag! My new horse is brown, can ride for a long time on a little kibble, and has it's own storage space! There are a ton of small details that make FE a great game, so if you're on the fence about it get off!

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 7:56PM (Unverified) said

every ss or video looks and feels like it's a western mmo with a barren world instead of a post-apocalyptic one with a torn down world.

i was in beta and couldnt get any of that post-apoc feeling in the game either, shame.

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 11:36PM JuliusSeizure said

Well, yeah, if you ignore the busted up monorail all over the place (top screenshot of this article!), the way most buildings are quite modern but look like they've been falling apart for decades, all the LifeNet bunkers and facilities, the Techs, the CHOTA and the Enforcers, the radio towers littering the landscape, the sniper rfiles, assault rifles, sub-machine guns, grenades and rocket launchers, the endless hordes of mutants, the vehicles, the piles of junk everywhere, the style of the vast majority of armour, the bunker bars with their gambling machines and neon signs, and numerous other visual elements, sure, you could easily mistake it for some sort of cowboy game.

Posted: Feb 11th 2010 7:46AM (Unverified) said

I'm with mumu actually - I mean yes, technically you're correct Nonette, but all I ever felt was 'wild west' when I played it.

No bad thing if you ask me =)

Having said that, the character strafe animation, mob ai behavior, mob ragdoll physics, explosive physics, and unwieldy combat (both melee and ranged gunplay) are, a bad thing.

In my opinion of course.

Posted: Feb 12th 2010 6:35AM (Unverified) said

I'm not going to lie, I would love it if the future expantions had to do with running around in big huge cities with sky scrapers crumbling... But... I do still get to PA feeling imo it is from the story line, but still I admit it is tuff to get into the feel & to tell the difference from "normal" or "PA" in a western type area.

P.S. fun RP in the artical : )

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM