Posted: Feb 8th 2010 4:16PM Joshua Przygocki said

I agree with some of this but one of the biggest problems I have, PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE ROBOT IN DEMOLITION. It makes me so mad to see some idiot go off on a killing spree with the robot while the enemy is capturing theirs, that and there are too many recons/poison medics.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 4:39PM Neurasthenic said

Good tips. I need to do a lot more reading on some of GA's mechanics. I bought the game over the weekend and am having a lot of fun with it. But it sure is short on in-game explanation.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 6:49PM (Unverified) said

Perhaps this will help, Neurasthenic:

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 5:29AM Psychotic Storm said

I found that link yesterday and it is good, but it just illustrates how hopelessly undocumented the game is.

sad.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 9:07PM (Unverified) said

Also, don't stand on a roof sniping all game long when you have no points... Yes, Recons CAN cap... surprise.

I had a recon die trying to block my Scatter Gun with his shield from full health without me ever taking out my melee weapon. Great video game moments. I love pvp in this game.

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 2:22AM (Unverified) said

"And people never seem to pick up the beacon at the base after its destroyed, Its one of the most important things in pvp battles yet you see 5 people just fly past it when respawning."

This^^
Having said that, it's function is not readily described anywhere in the game, and most players will assume it's a device created by an Engineer (Robotics).

I know it took me a large number of games before I figured it out (alongside why I would sometimes have a 'B' function in my hotbar).

It need to at least be in the tips displayed on the loading screens.

Another small tip; don't be gun-shy if you're a medic. Your standard gun has a large range and a fair amount of oomph.
I actually spend more time behind the sights than I do playing follow with a green umbilical cord.
Yes, heals are clearly important, but not at the expense of kill opportunities if required. And don't forget your melee weapon has a poison dot on it.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 9:11PM (Unverified) said

Another good tip imo, mostly for Recon and Robotic would be that every objective has multiple entrances including at least 2 back entrances. A lot of people never look behind them when defending.
Its surprising how a single turret in the back of the defense can turn around the whole battle in your favor and get you 5 kills.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 9:16PM (Unverified) said

Here's one. Defending teams: Standing on the objective will prevent the attacking team from taking the objective.

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 1:51AM Seraphina Brennan said

Good call Kdolo. Many teams miss that little function. Sure, you may die, but you've just stopped them from capturing any more points for X seconds.

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 11:46AM Damn Dirty Ape said

This is my assault characters purpose in life. I stand on the point blazing away and die over and over again, but dangit I'm the one that wins matches for us, not that lazy recon sniping from our spawn point.

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 5:34AM Psychotic Storm said

to complement the beacon comment, when you finally pick it up know were to place it, the beacon must be placed close in cover and well hidden, I have lost count of times the beacon is deployed in the open...

In PVE the alarm is invulnerable and the whole point is not get caught by the red light, seems obvious but experience proves it isn't so...

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 6:01AM (Unverified) said

Its also worth remembering to that you can change your build spec at time while in Dome city and that it costs nothing. You can also swap out your gear while you are in the drop ship as well. I have found that some weapons are more effective on certain maps. And the only way to get crafting gear and blue prints is from PvE missions.

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 6:19AM Psychotic Storm said

It is also worth noting that forcing team colours help a lot, players in PVP have already started painting their characters in the default FoF paint theme.

Posted: Feb 16th 2010 3:25PM (Unverified) said

A lot of people don't know how to pick up the beacon. : (