Posted: Feb 8th 2010 3:33PM (Unverified) said

Every company producing any product is made up of real people working hard to produce something.If that product turns out bad or not as promised shoudl the consumer go awww that's ok at least you tried here's all my money for the effort?

MMO companies are no different form any other and do not deserve any more leeway than other when it comes ot judging the products and services they produce.

and likewise that is just my opinion 8)

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 3:51PM Zensun said

You've got to be kidding me, Massively - you're *congratulating* Cryptic for a misleading of a press release?

How can Cryptic possibly pretend that 'Star Trek fans' in 'over 1 million Star Trek fans have created accounts at the official websites,' refers to 'Cryptic accounts', whether or not the account includes STO?

That's so blatantly misleading I wouldn't hesitate in calling it a lie.

Yet again, Massively provides biased 'news' coverage.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 10:29PM (Unverified) said

The right response to Cryptic's 'spin' of the numbers is not "Nice job! It's helpful to know we were lied to."

WTF? Any self-respecting news site should experience a tiny bit of outrage at a company that manipulates like that.

I know the site has always been a shill for the gaming companies and distributors.

But there isn't a shred of journalistic integrity left here. I'll get my news elsewhere.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 6:30PM (Unverified) said

huh, two of the accounts are mine and neither one is a paying game sub. One at the STO forums so I could follow the development discussions and one on the CO forums so I could ask how it plays.

I did buy CO for cheap and gave it a try as a friend of mine was thinking about playing it, but I was very disappointed so I cancelled the sub. I didn't buy STO because of microtransactions and because the forum moderators were playing favorites with posters. I argued (pretty well, I thought) about the negatives of microtransactions and when one goat-headed individual (truth, that was his/her avatar) called my words "twisted rants" and other things, I shut off the conversation with "I'm not going to indulge any trolling, so I'm done". Boom, I got warned "for not replying in a reasonable manner".

Turns out Mr. Goathead is a big buddy fanboi of the powers that be, an early-stage beta tester, etc. So he/she can troll on the forums and I can't call him a troll for trolling my thread without getting warned lol.

hmm, sorry, devolved into a story there. /apologies, but the fact is, my two accounts are non-subs.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 7:52PM (Unverified) said

Cryptic will be out of business by the end of the year. Taking bets.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 8:16PM SkuzBukit said

There are three kinds of lies:

"lies, damned lies, and statistics!"

Take your pick.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 8:43PM (Unverified) said

LMFOLOL. Count me in on this one million people too then. I have a Cryptic account but I don't have any of the 2 games.

Seriously though, where did they get the nerve to announce such thing? "Hey guys! We got 1 million people registered on our website AFTER we release 2 games." Shouldn't that be more of a shame? Free Realms got like 8 million people registered. 8. And that's only one game for less than a year.

Yeah.. that sounds even lamer when you type it out like that. They must think people who read the gaming news (us) are too stupid.

Fail marketing at its finesse.

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 2:43PM (Unverified) said

No doubt I fall into the category of the one of one million who does not subscribe nor use cryptic products.

Alas they fooled me Champions Online, but never again I say!

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous