Posted: Feb 7th 2010 9:34PM Mr Angry said

This game is big on talk, small on action. Not much has happened since release. I fear the remote development team means that it's a painfully slow process for changes to be rolled out to the community.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 9:39PM Crsh said

I didn't expect massive change to happen overnight after NCsoft sort of acknowledged the game's shortcomings, and also after that future vision video they so adamantly put out, but really when are changes coming? Are they still in PR blablabla mode?

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 10:07PM (Unverified) said

Fallen Earth and Champions online has put out so much content since release compared to this game it's not even funny.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 2:10AM (Unverified) said

They definitely are still in PR blahblah mode. More because thats all we have access to... the PR people. Don't even for a second believe the 4 people they list in the sad excuse for an "Eye on Community" article have any real power or control over the game itself.

In the end, every recent MMO has given some major content update every 3-4 months. We are at the end of month 4 now. If we dont see anything by month 5, they are going to be looking at an even smaller community to keep an eye on.

I love this game, it has very real and very huge problems, but it has potential. I just hope they can step up and fix it.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 2:15AM (Unverified) said

"Potential" has to be the worst word when talking about an MMO by now. AoC, WAR, Aion, STO etc. - all of them had potential, but none of them used it. We'll never know if it was due to publisher impatience or developer overconfidence, but all of them failed basically instantly after release.

So next time somebody tells me a MMO has potential, I'll smile, pet their head and wait until three months after launch.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 2:08AM Tizmah said

So what else is new.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 2:10AM (Unverified) said

They have their community managers tweet about every crap they take, but "we're aware of the problems" or "servers will be down for unscheduled maintenance" is about the most productive statements the players get.

What do you expect from a game studio that boldly stated "we're prepared for the demands of the western audience" but didn't deliver any of it upon launch? Also, Aion's "to level 20/30 only" betas taught most players a lesson: never play a full price title that restricts your open beta experience. There was a reason they didn't allow players past level 30 in open beta: the game just wasn't ready. And it still is far from acceptable.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 2:36AM (Unverified) said

@luggage ...

I actually completely disagree. It was quite evident to me that AoC was doomed from the first time I logged in. I gave it a chance because the graphics were above board and it had some interesting combat mechanics. However, in my opinion it never had any real potential.

I would go further and say that Warhammer had nothing special at all. It had the warhammer brand but they squandered that with a boring and buggy game.

I do agree with you that having potential is nothing special in and of itself. However, Aion is the first game that has been fun for me and continued to be so after several months after its release. The problem is said potential was wasted because of the distance between Development staff and the English speaking producers.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 6:49AM (Unverified) said

@niwaar

I actually completely disagree with you. AoC had (and has) potenial by the bucket loads which after a rocky year and half is starting to be realised.

AoC is great now and the expac looks amazing :)

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 12:06PM spamero said

I disagree, AoC had lots of potential.. it could be The Next Big Thing (tm)... unfortunately it was released 2 years too early.. besides.. every damn update from failcom just screw the things more and more... just read the official forums... army of guards, murdersystem, sieges, age of cc... Everything they introduced since the release just added more freaking bugs.. sersiosly l2code funcom

Take the latest update... go and see what they did to assassins.. every minigames is full of assassins as they are ridiculous OP atm... failcom has no idea about their game.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 11:25PM Graill440 said

After its failure and Lani being fired because of it, it seems a bit odd they will try to keep this running. No one i know of plays Aion. Perhaps a takeover company can take it apart and sell the better bit parts to other struggling companies to make their pieces of trash a bit more viable.

Global Chat: Gamers Secret Santa