Posted: Feb 7th 2010 9:26AM (Unverified) said

Well, I always thought it would be beneficial to have the more popular (I.E. well designed and fun) scenarios available to all tiers. I also found that many tier 3 and 4 scenarios to be poorly designed. So I think this is a good decision.

Unfortunately it's coming too late; people were expressing their extreme dislike of crummy scenarios like TA from day one, and it's a shame it took Mythic this long to finally listen to their customers.

Meh. Dead MMO is dead.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 10:20AM (Unverified) said

I was in the WAR hype--not only did my husband and I get the collector edition games, I worked extensively for Warhammer Alliance as Content Lead, reporting from NYCC etc.

I had great hopes for WAR. I was hoping for a game where PvP could be as epic as EvE, or at least as fun as world PvP in Vanilla WoW. No matter how long I talked to the Devs, no matter how many community polls we made and analyzed, no matter how many times we said "performance issues," it just wasn't happening. I left after a few months due to performance issues, but continued working for Warhammer Alliance until I got accepted into graduate school.

The grind in T3-T4 was made only quasi-tolerable through scenarios--that's never a good sign. The grind was long, the PvE/Questing didn't get you leveled quickly, the RvR lakes were empty, so scenarios were really the only option because you knew people would be there. Personally, I would have liked to see the game come out without scenarios, forcing people into the RvR lakes, but c'est la vie.

Here's hoping Mythic is finally stepping up their game and that they may salvage this game.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 2:05PM Cicadymn said

Well one of the better changes they made was adding renown rewards to the RVR lakes. These rewards were some of the best. Right now there's always something going on in the RvR lakes. I've noticed people don't like going to Dwarf Vs Greenskin though as much because the rewards from there are like shoes, chest, and finally a weapon. But having annihilator/conqueror+ by the time you get to those rewards just means you're going to trash them.

Take into consideration the weirdness of some of the Greenskin Vs Dwarf maps, those zones just don't see a lot of action.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 1:17PM (Unverified) said

This sounds like when SOE got rid of the animal trainer class because on 1% of the playing population played it...

I personally think Warhammers biggest mistake was to make an RvR game that is almost a direct copy of World of Warcraft, even if Warcraft borrowed from the orginal Warhammer game, which borrowed from DnD.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 9:20PM TheNexxuvas said

Just resubbed, but last nights scenario in bottom of T3 was hella fun...they were popping (for once) and fairly won a few/lost a few. Here's hoping tonights ORVR (where the real meat if this game should be) is back and running as smoothly as it was the first couple months I played.

Posted: Feb 7th 2010 9:29PM (Unverified) said

Te Game is doing Great, contrary to what some say here, many old players are returning & new ones are subscribing and every night there's over 300 people in a T4 zone alone taking the zones 1 by 1, so I would suggest some of the people with negative comments here to actually retry the game before making flame comments full of misinformation that no longer applies after the many patches the game has received.

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 4:16PM (Unverified) said

I recently started playing again and made a new character. After slogging through the free trialers in T1, I made my way to a T2 with a healthy population. There's almost always ORVR going on and scenarios pop rather consistently. There's even a very active T4 on my server (though Destruction is obviously the underdog) with a city siege at least once a day.