Posted: Feb 5th 2010 11:48AM (Unverified) said

This will be the only MMO to bring me back to playing MMOs if its done properly. Otherwise, Aion was the last straw (thanks to botters, hackers, and gold-buying douchebags everywhere) and I'm done with MMOs for good.

Posted: Feb 5th 2010 3:27PM Halbard100 said

Can't wait for the reveal and more information. They've been saying that it will be traditional MMO mechanics but will all the fury and action that 40k should have along with an emphasis on cover, flanking, etc, everything that needs to be there. Honestly, I won't old my breath, but unless its absolute crap I'll pre-order the special edition :D Either way, I can't wait, I really hope to be blown away by what they do and the few interviews out there about it seem like they have their thinking in the right place. I just hope that the conflict plays out right and PvP is solid. I really do love WAR's PvP system and if its anything like that but bigger, badder and with more sides than just 2, I will be REALLY happy. Come on June, get your ass here now.

Posted: Feb 5th 2010 3:47PM (Unverified) said

I like your ideas Valdamar.

I vote you get a job at THQ as the "IP consultant" ( as long as I'm hired as your Deputy IP Consultant!).

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 5:49AM (Unverified) said

I think this should be classes in game.

Space Marine Classes:
Apothecary - Healer
Terminator - Tank
Librarian - Ranged Magic
Tactical - Ranged Physical Support
Assault - Melee Dps
Devastator - Ranged Physical DPS
Techmarine - Support (Probably would act like warlocks in wow with summon Dreadnought and such.)
Chaplain - Melee Support (buffer)

You could do the same with Orks, Eldar, and Chaos. If they make a Guardian equal to a Tac Marine it would not be because lore-wise this would be so but more for a balanced game.

Posted: Feb 8th 2010 9:43AM Snichy said

I dont know much about the IP but from what I have read, seems quite exciting. If it was "announced a few years ago" and is out in 2012 then that would be a development time of 5 years which hopefully is long enough to produce a game with enough content at launch (which would make a change).

I would still like to see a game developer actually ASK the fans and community what they want in a game whilst it is being made, by way of an online questionaire or something. I realise there would be multiple opinions and requests but if you have a popular IP you could easily get 500k - 1m peoples expectations and opinions and get a good idea of what the majority want from their game, which hopefully would prevent all the haters complaining that this or that wasnt included...!

Posted: Feb 9th 2010 2:55PM (Unverified) said

This may have been said already and sorry if it has I just skimmed through the last comments.

Its important to remember THQ is the publisher and Vigil Games the developers (Darksiders). Vigil Games always seemed an odd choice to me as Relic have been THQs Warhammer 40k boys for a long time with the Dawn of War series.

The timing aswell makes sense in some different ways than just hype, Relic is launching their Warhammer 40k FPS / Action RPG in 2011. Backing up "internets" hype with a game like that will be designed to draw more people into the Warhammer 40k Universe which is as many have said very very rich. With that in mind you have a strong base for release.

Summer 2010 - Unveiled
2011 - Warhammer 40k Space Marine
2012 - Warhammer 40k MMO
End of 2012 world ends of course

P.S If it has Gorgutz in it the game auto wins every award going.

Posted: Feb 10th 2010 1:14AM (Unverified) said

What ticks me off is that we don't even get a title. Just the 'Warhammer 40k MMO'

I mean doing that just makes it all the more anticipating, all the more hype. And if Vigil can't live up to its promises, all the more let down.

Swordsman launches today