Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 7:07PM (Unverified) said

Nice... every patch they remove content (removed other T1 pairings, removed Forts, removed scens, etc.) Maintenance mode, anyone?

Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 8:05PM Gaugamela said

They didn't removed the other Tier 1 areas. They just made everyone start on the same. However, i agree with you that it is dumb to take content of the game. This game definitely has entered maintenance mode and has become another Vanguard.

And it baffles me when more than a year after release they are still releasing patches mostly ocmposed of bug fixes.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 7:22PM Xii said

Haven't played in months, but the T4 changes look interesting. Not sure if that will make it less imbalanced, or just impossible to defeat the opposing king.

Buffing lower-level players to (11,21,31,40) in RvR sucks. I thought it was a bad idea when they did it in T1 (where the demo players play), but extending it to the rest of the game is kind of a WTF.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 8:05PM Boruk said

If you think about it, its the same as WoW buffing the exp rate for leveling after so long. This just gives players a somewhat footing while leveling up to attempt to play on part with higher rank players in the area.

BTW, I just recently re-subbed BACK to the game because after playing the beta and launch to dismay, the changes that HAVE been made are actually really good and I am having more fun now than I did before.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 7:02AM nevin said

I think people were complaining that when they first hit T4 they were being lumped in with 40/80's and not being able to compete at all.

Not sure a Bolster to 40/3? will make a massive difference to ownage but it might help.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 10:03PM MrDiamondJ said

WAR is definitely in the best shape it's ever been in; the PvP is more fun than ever, and the server merges have actually been for the best.

However, it amazes me that they're still charging $14.99/mo. for this game. They charged that much at launch, and they've actually REMOVED content since then...come on Mythic, there's less game to play, so charge us less! It should be $9.99/mo. or less, especially for us veterans who have stuck around through all of the bad times.

The longer they continue with these bug fix-only patches, the less invested people will be in the future of the game.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 1:34AM archer75 said

I originally said the same thing. But this 3rd person view feels alot like first person to me. So it doesn't bother me at all.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

I remember trying the closed beta. The developers promised they would charge for the first year after which it would become a F2P model. They "goofed" the launch and are finally starting to turn it around now but still a subscription model. I guess Mythics supposed cash cow is really some other kind of cow :P

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 12:20PM (Unverified) said

Well, considering the state of the game its no suprize they didn't go f2p but yes it was meant to be a micro transaction game after some time. The fact is they made first tier free to play as a way of not breaking their word. Perhaps you should ask any CB tester. It is you sir who is misinformed.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 12:49PM (Unverified) said

Juice is beyond full of it. I was a beta tester for WAR for months and months. I wasn’t in the very first round, but damn close. Never at any time did Mythic under any circumstances say, claim or suggest that WAR would become a free-to-play MMO. Or that it would ever be a micro-transaction driven game after a set period of time.

I am not a fan of WAR, just look up previous posts by me on past WAR articles. I even posted a huge commentary on the decline of WAR on the official forums. WAR was to be a great game, failed horribly and now it will flounder regardless of improvements. Is it a great game now? Perhaps, but it came too late and developers should learn that the launch is far more important then meeting that release date.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 2:17PM (Unverified) said

Didn't the WAR team shout their mouths off about knocking WoW off the top or some rubbish. Does not sound like a game that aimed to go F2P.

Posted: Feb 4th 2010 9:49AM (Unverified) said

Almost, and EA got rid of Mythic's Mark Jacobs after a the steep decline in subs.