Posted: Jan 31st 2010 10:57AM (Unverified) said

I played one of the stress test days of this game, and I have to admit that a LOT about this game is off putting. They seem to be ignoring the "make mechanics fun not frustrating" lessons that Blizzard seems to be pushing so hard in their games. The graphics can look good, but everything is slower paced and choppy at times.

That all said (and more if i wanted to) There is Something So drawing about this game. After playing it for an hour or two You get this strange pull into the world. It's exciting to actually Start from Zero, and to have these huge hurtles to climb to get even the smallest of gains.

I'll definitely be playing Open beta to try and get a better feel for the game. Although I think, like Fallen Earth, It may be a few months after release that the game really comes together and becomes truly fun.

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 10:54AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
It looked pretty good in many ways, I was tempted to sign up for the beta.
But then I read that its yet another pvp based game.
So I'll pass...

I don't expect it will do well. Who needs yet another pvp based game?

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 12:53PM (Unverified) said

I certainly wouldn't label it as "a pvp based game" The game itself seemed Much more a simulation of a world than Focused on PvP. I think that if you were to place yourself in the mind of your character in that setting, then defending yourself or becoming something of a manhunter is a part of that world.

The crafting is ridiculously extensive and grey. In fact grey or obscured would be how I would describe this game. Nothing is explained (on purpose) You're left in the dark. How effective two components will be when you try to combine them to make a bow is entirely up to experimentation. How to do just about anything is left up to the player to discover (or ask friends/forced to make friends). It's that sense of being lost but Still being Able that can be exciting.

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 1:33PM ultimateq said

I kind of like that. Sort of reminds me of Everquest. I like the idea of everything not being handed to you right from the start.

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 8:58PM (Unverified) said

The game itself may be intended to be more a simulation of a world than just focused on PvP, but I'm concerned that any game which allows free for all full-loot PvP will, inevitably, become focused on PvP and nothing else.

We'll see. I'm absolutely interested enough in the ideas of MO that I'll be trying out the open beta, and if that seems solid, I'm willing to buy it and see how it pans out.

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 11:46AM yavo said

man, i been in since block A, and no matter what anyone says this is a pvp based game, not that theres anything wrong with that :) come on, full loot, and if you are killed in town before you can type the word guard, the guy can loot you and walk away,,, alot of potential here but SV scares me at times, not sure if they are listening to correct screaming voices of their community, and if it fails then there is always dawntide next

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 1:06PM Rollins said

vendor buy bank guards?

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 1:26PM Laephis said

Hah, I was thinking the same thing, Rollins!

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 3:56PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Most incomplete MMO ever released. It will probably last a few months, then everyone will get bored and move on and the game will die. The game has no content right now, the world is completely empty, barely any mobs.

Do not buy this game!

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 4:38PM (Unverified) said

eh, i'll try any game with full loot .

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 6:15PM (Unverified) said

I gotta second the comment about "Make games fun, not frustrating". SV vision seems to be the more frustrating something is, the more hardcore it is. It is not, let me just tell you about how you begin your journey in MO.. You grab an axe, and start swinging at a stone, so you can get some ore to process to metal and make a weapon.. Except that it takes thousands and thousands of ore in order to enough skill up the crafting so you can make an "ok" weapon.

Prepare for few days of pure axe swinging, I am not joking. And on top of that, mining animation in first person view is something really dizzy.. and you are not allowed to macro either, obviously.

And besides PvP, house building, taming and Crafting there is nothing else in game. Literally. Not even full magic system.

Posted: Feb 1st 2010 12:30PM (Unverified) said

@all of the whiney kids above (hi Ara)
lack of content?- notice that what everyone is playing right now is an open BETA
The huge harshness on death and progression... well welcome to the MMOs in which you actually have to TRY HARD to progress, not just pour time in so that the mill turns (i'm talking about WoW and similar games). If the game seems too hard for you- think again and check if you aren't too crappy for the game instead.
PvP can be a lot of different things to do. Certainly there must be much more to it than to your average grindy PvE if that whole reputation system is involved...

YES, i didn't play the game yet, but I've been through quite a bit of games/mods where people complain about whatever they can make up just so that they don't admit that they fail (Fury MMO).

Harsh games aren't for soft players

Posted: Feb 2nd 2010 8:06AM (Unverified) said

LOL@the fail posted by propkid. You do know that Fury shut down right? And to talk about something you haven't even played yet? +5 more fail points.

ROTFL!