Posted: Jan 29th 2010 9:49AM Seare said

I thing the graphics look great for a MMO. Your not going to get single player graphics from an MMO. Not enough players have a rig that can handle the graphics and network demands. Vanguard made that mistake. Graphics were great, but few people could play it.

You need to have realistic expectations. ME2 has great graphics. No MMO can can do that and appeal to the masses. Even I am migrating my gaming from PC to Xbox, because I can't afford to keep upgrading my PC. It's cheaper to just buy an new Xbox every couple of years.

ME3, STO, and TOR will probably be my last PC games. I say M3 because I want to keep importing my Shepards (yes I have a 100% paragon one, a middle of the road one) without having to do it all over again on the Xbox.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 9:38AM elocke said

These episodes sound great on paper. But in the game....the quest text is just horrid and boring. The missions themselves don't feel unique at all. Each one is run and gun and click a few objects here and there. I just wish the game had more soul to it, but it doesn't currently.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 9:55AM Seare said

I understand your point. However, the missions, in general, are no worse than any other MMO in IMHO.

I have noticed a trend that people seem to want Dragon Age/Mass Effect 1+2 quality from their MMO missions now. It will be interesting to see if that is truly the case. TOR is claiming that they will have that. If it succeeds then, I think MMOs will change. If it doesn't, then the community will prove how diverse and frankly fickle it really is. We shall see.

Posted: Jan 30th 2010 7:35AM (Unverified) said

The missions could have more depth to them if they were handled properly from the onset. As it stands you get pop-up messages in the middle of battle, vague instructions on what the mission is about, and at the end of the day it's either defeat x ships or click on x objects.

More than half the time spent per mission is on just going from point A to B which, while necessary, isn't part of the mission objectives in many cases. It would be nice if the missions were less "talky talky" and more "walky walky".

I can get the same XP from doing fleet action that's nearby my host zone than I can going two zones over and wasting an hour watching my ship fly about.

Missions, and quests in general, are not really well implemented in any MMO, but STO has some of the most copy/paste missions I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprise if they had some geek write up a procedural to mass produce the quests.

TL;DR - STO mission are boring, come in two flavors, and copy/paste all the way to end game.