Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:09PM (Unverified) said

Very nice news. I have just started playing Fallen Earth and enjoying it.

I think keeping the existing player base happy and making general changes to benefit all is a very nice move.

Best of all there are no danger signs being given off regarding the game unlike other recent and pending MMO's.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:21PM (Unverified) said

Nice, patch 1.5 sounds like enough to make me revisit the game. I liked what I had played so far, but with no real PvP or End Game, I couldn't really force myself to work through the MMO level-grind.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:23PM (Unverified) said

It is a Sandbox game. Stop looking for the end and focus on doing what you want to do in the world.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:27PM (Unverified) said

Not all MMOGs need to have "end games." In fact, until World of WarCraft, very few did.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:29PM dargondarkfire said

icarus has hinted they are not interested in making huge raid dungeons for 50+ players, in fact they have hinted that guild wars will be pretty much your only raid stuff.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:24PM dargondarkfire said

me likey the updates.
i really like the added crafting stuff.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:30PM Aganazer said

I am definitely gonna play 1.5. Animations and enemy AI are my only reservations about playing this game long-term.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:42PM (Unverified) said

Hah, didn't mean to offend anyone stating a lack of endgame, I'm not looking for raiding, or instance grinds or any of that, I far prefer the sandbox atmosphere. What I do enjoy though is PvP. I love group PvP, Open World PvP with goals, Duals, Instanced, etc. All of it. From everything I'd heard, PvP had taken a back seat for Fallen Earth. So that's why I'm looking forward to when it's introduced in patch 1.5.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 5:13PM eNTi said

• Half a heart
i just revisited fe due to the 10 days free and i have to say...

1. it's still massively boring quest grind and WTF, don't even try to tell me that the story line is somewhat near from compelling. the starting areas are as boring and as stupid as they can get. kill 10 of those, use that item there, kill 5 of these on the other end of the starting area, go back for the reward, next quest, sends you to the same spot, killing 5 other mobs. GAH! so friggin stupid.

what do i hear you say? "don't do the quest, do what you like?" ah right... if there only weren't the so much needed ap quest, right? quest grind just got a new dimension... also i got a 2nd char, that is a crafter. crafting is very... even though collecting stuff can be rewarding, most of the time it's just tedious.

2. rubber banding, lag and weird npc movement make aiming a chore. with a crossbows long loading times, you often need 3 shots, where 2 would more than suffice.

3. npcs are still stupid as shit. kill one next to the other, doesn't matter.

4. hit a mob in the face they say the same stupid phrases they say if you just run past them. very immersive.

5. jumping is awwwwwkward.

not tried if you still can't enter bodies of water, but you definitely are blocked by invisible walls, when trying to enter buildings with a horse. at least it seems to run pretty stable, that wasn't quite the norm when at release.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 5:16PM (Unverified) said

This is exactly the reason why i love this game and Icarus studios, as I feel that they have approached the whole mmo genre the same as CCP did with EVE, in a completely avante-guarde fashion, looking to make something new as opposed to trying to murder the already well respected and beloved grandaddy of mmos. Icarus shares their vision of their game with its players and I don't know, they seem to really value what the players say and work towards providing what we want in our gaming experience.

I would encourage anyone to give this game a try, at least the free trial. Especially the older gamers out there. And even if you don't stick with it, I think you will agree that Fallen Earth has brought some extremely refreshing elements to the somewhat stagnating mmo genre.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 5:38PM swarmofcats said

This is totally correct. The devs for FE are amazing, and they have their own vision for the game that makes it unlike anything else on the market. It's rough around the edges, but the core game play is really one-of-a-kind for today's MMOs. The first two months of patches have been really amazing, and while I don't like seeing that the level cap is being raised up so soon--it's really early in the game's life to be adding more padding between the new players and the day one veterans--I'm still eager to see what is in store for the future of the game.

Actually, that's my biggest difficulty with the game: So many character levels and it's so hard to interact with people outside of your sector. The huge world is great, but at the same time, as a new player it makes me feel really disconnected and distant from my guildies who are already at the max level.

This happened in EQ2, if you start out fresh you have a long journey ahead of you until you can get caught up with the rest of the playerbase. If you don't like soloing, it really starts to wear on you.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 6:02PM (Unverified) said

I don't know about transparency. I do know that many on their forums have been clamoring for info on what Icarus plans to do next and when. Especially regarding, "I'm max level and there is nothing to do, and this pvp sucks."

I think they needed to speak out to try to halt a declining playerbase. From a pvp perspective Icarus has alot of work to do. I'll watch the game but I'm pessimistic about this dev team's ability to provide pvp that has wide appeal. It's too bad, the game could have been awesome.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 6:32PM Seffrid said

Fallen Earth is not for jumpers with low end systems. For those who don't fall into either part of that description it offers a refreshingly slower paced and much more traditional MMO with a completely different feel to either of the usual WoW and Korean grindfest clone categories of MMO. It also has a very committed development team as evidenced by the inprovements and additions to date, and the proposals for the future bode well for the long-term success of the game.

The game isn't for everyone, it isn't intended to be a blockbuster, but for those it is aimed at it has proved extremely successful already and is being increasingly talked about in a very positive way.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 6:33PM Mad Dog said

Well if they put more PVP into the game I might give it another go, not a big PVE sort of guy.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 7:04PM Its Utakata stupid said

Just out of curiosity, I presume all these new slated content releases are for free?

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 2:45AM Tristik said

Who do you think runs this? Cryptic? :P They are free content patches.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 8:27AM (Unverified) said

It sounds as if these patches (especially 1.5) address all the reasons I put my subscription on hold. If they deliver what they promise then I'll be coming back for a good long while.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 11:50AM nevin said

What's the lag in towns like now?

Swordsman launches today