Posted: Jan 28th 2010 7:14PM MtthwRddl said

Good god, the game has even more content. As a huge fan of GarageBand, I think I will really like this.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 8:18PM ultimateq said

WOW!!!! It's certainly not Pro Tools HD, but it's still REALLY cool to include this type of thing into a game.

Lowpass filter and delay to start out with is fantastic. I wonder if you can automate the parameters. Maybe some Midi Controller Support in the future?

I just sent them a huge email full of questions regarding this. I hope they can answer some of the stuff in their Q&A.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 3:14AM (Unverified) said

One of the better features of Lord of The Rings Online is the ability to play an instrument and then apply a music score to that to play actual songs. I used to sit there for ages while waiting for party members just playing lute-versions of various songs I found on dedicated LOTR music sites.

I have not heard of this game until this entry, but this in-game player-created music feature is now on my "Things I want in the Best MMORPG Ever!" list. Smacking things with sticks and rocks and crafting cookie-cutter equipment shouldn't be the only things one can do in an MMO game; APB is showing me something I wish I had in other MMO's I have played.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 9:26AM (Unverified) said

/SQUEEELLL!!!!

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 9:39AM Pontiff said

Wow, just wow...this makes me even more excited about this game than I already was. I'm one of those people who always turns off the game's music because it just gets plain annoying. This will definitely change things around for me.

The podcasts have been amazing. Hope it's still slated to come out in March.

I wonder if the sound files are exportable/importable via wav or aiff. I'm also wondering how large the song files can be.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 1:35PM ultimateq said

I don't think it will compile, or "mixdown" any of the songs. I think it will keep it as a live version with all of the tracks and effects running separately.

The reason? Space. Having hundreds, thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of songs can take up TONS of space. It's far easier to store midi sequences and plugin data than it is to store audio data.

As far as importing sounds for songs, I doubt that will happen too because of copyright reasons (people might record Jay-Z or something), and again because of bandwidth and storage reasons.

Maybe they will let us export songs as MP3 or WAV ourselves for personal enjoyment. That would be cool.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous