Posted: Jan 27th 2010 3:21PM J Brad Hicks said

Ah, finally, the person I need to say this to: for the love of all holy gods, do something about that awful, awful, painful and stupid looking, sprint animation. Outside of 1970s and 80s anime, nobody below about a 52 inch waist runs with their elbows nearly parallel with their shoulders. That one animation right there, which I see every time I'm out of my ship, almost ruins the game for me, because it's completely inescapable and so, so, wrong.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:30PM Wulf said

Hey Brad,

Were you once blue, fast and rather mocking?

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:21PM Bezza said

I thought the sprint while holding a tricorder animation was the worst and the jump animation, the only MMO i know that has ever done a good jump animation was AoC.

But i do like the sumersaults and other acrobatic animations.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:11PM (Unverified) said

While I truly am impressed with what has been done so far with the game I have to agree with the poster above that the animations can be choppy and a bit odd for running animations. But I hope with enough subscribers and time that will along with bugs of every sort I can only hope time along with dedication and diligence will help make this a gem.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:22PM (Unverified) said

Even if you like STO, you have to admit the animation ranges from mediocre to outright poor. Why they would draw attention to this aspect of the game baffles me.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:45PM Randomessa said

Awww, I really love the sprint animation. It reminds me of track runners. It's probably my favorite ground animation (although I pretty much enjoy it every time I move whilst holding a gun). Oh well, can't please everyone I guess.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 8:07PM (Unverified) said

One of my pet gripes in a game is when animators can't sync walking with movement, resulting in 'sliding' NPC's.

STO has these in droves. It makes me cringe and wonder how something so basic can be overlooked and got so wrong. Especially in 2010 - and especially when you already have two MMO's under your belt.
All it does is heighten the sense of 'rushed'.

Sorry, Tracey, but there isn't a whole lot to be proud of in STO's animations imo.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 8:18AM tenfootgoatman said

I must admit I ve not been following StarTrek online that closely . But it has peaked my interest now . Although I m a little confused . Is this souly a space combat/trading game like Eve or does it as wikipedia suggests have missions where you have an humanoid Avatar where you explore planets and missions which take place aboard ship . If that is the case this could end up up being something quite new in mmos .

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 2:44PM J Brad Hicks said

Roughly 60% space combat or exploration, roughly 40% ground combat or exploration.

Posted: Jan 29th 2010 3:01PM tenfootgoatman said

thanks for the info brad :) . it does sound like it offers something newish for mmos then . might give it a go .

Posted: Feb 3rd 2010 9:42AM (Unverified) said

I'm always watching for brand new Star Trek action figures & collectibles !!!!

Can suggest you this cool Star Trek action figures site: