Posted: Jan 27th 2010 8:39AM archipelagos said

Aargh. I have been keeping tabs on this studio for a long time now and to hear this is really disheartening. My thoughts go to those that lost their jobs but hopefully this doesn't spell the end for the studio as a whole.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 10:14AM Boruk said

So possibly no Wheel of Time MMO from them?

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 11:11AM Zantom said

That was already announced by some other shop... Eagle something...

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 11:10AM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
(founded by former World of Warcraft team members) After reading this look like there is a good reason that they got fired/layoff....

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 11:11AM Zantom said

Funny this studio popped in my head a couple days ago and I checked back to see what they are up to. I was surprised to see that they haven't announced or haven't made apparent progress in all this time. In this economy I can't imagine even the most faithful investors not getting nervous with so much time before returns. Not when they are watching MMO fail after MMO now either...

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 11:29AM Dandmcd said

Their initial art and ideas for an MMO didn't look too promising, so I'm not surprised if their original was scrapped. Hopefully they went back to the design stages, and are still working on a new original title. The fact they didn't shut down makes me believe they are starting over with a new idea, but hard to tell, these guys never say a word about anything. Hopefully Massively can find out a little more about the inner worknigs of this studio.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:42PM wjowski said

This is the quintessential Bad Omen (tm).

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 4:56PM (Unverified) said

Hey guys. Matt from Red 5 Studios here. Just wanted to clarify that the studio is not shutting down, the game hasn't been put on hold or canceled and we plan to release worldwide. I'm really excited with what we have and can't wait to show it to you, but that will be at a later date.

Have no fear. We're still around and hard at work.

MMO Week in Review: ArcheAge has arrived

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: Has the industry revamp worked?

Posted on Sep 14th 2014 6:00PM