Posted: Jan 27th 2010 4:58PM (Unverified) said

Just wanted to thank you for this.

There's been a recent trend of using CoH screens on this site while discussing negative or contentious issues for some reason (such as the recent article on microtransactions), and I'm glad to see something constructive and positive like this.

Paragon Wiki is an AWESOME resource.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 5:05PM Haggs said

Awesome! I'm excited about you guys having a weekly column about my favorite MMO. I can't wait to see what you talk about next! :)

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 6:26PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for including us Eliot! The Cape Radio is actually a 24/7 player run radio station and we have live dj's every night in addition to providing music for in game player events.

Also, many of the dev team members have public twitter accounts (http://twitter.com/DJSultrySiren/coh-team/members) and they do interact regularly with players.

We're very excited to see what next week's column will bring!

~Sultry Siren

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 3:13AM Shirogetsune said

Not for all servers, but there is also the Virtueverse. It's in wiki-form, and used to hold character stories and information for the role players on Virtue. (Virtue is the unofficial role playing server.)

Link: http://www.virtueverse.com/index.php/Main_Page

Very fun to browse, and most serious role players have a link on their in-game profile to their Virtueverse page.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 3:56AM (Unverified) said

This is good news. City of Heroes earned more subscribed months from me than any other MMO. This game is incredibly underreported on (even by NCSoft's own marketing team). Any step to correct that is a plus in my book.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 8:30AM Surelle said

I have 5 level 50s, a 46, and a bunch more toons in the 20s and 30s in CoX. When my Brute dinged 50 I felt like crying-- and immediately rolling another Brute, which I did, lol.

This is my favorite "just wanna kill stuff" game. It has a deceptively large amount of powersets to choose from, and far from being cookie-cutter, actually allows multiclassing via not only primary and secondary powerset mixes but also on a third tier through power pools and a fourth tier with epic power sets.

This is also about the only MMORPG where you can play a full-on crowd controller, never mind solo PvP with one. Now if only Paragon Studios could find a way to draw crowds to CoX's PvP zones! I don't know if it will take disabling travel powers while in PvP combat (and for X amount of time briefly after combat ends) or the launch of Going Rogue (where red-side and blue-side classes can betray to the other side, evening up the class imbalances some) but I sure hope *something* does the trick.

Anxiously awaiting Going Rogue....and thanking Massively for not forgetting that this MMORPG exists.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 9:45AM (Unverified) said

would love to go back to CoH but the EU servers are empty for the most part.

Posted: Jan 28th 2010 2:47PM J Brad Hicks said

After spending the last couple of weeks over on another MMO's forums, let me echo something you said, with emphasis: Paragon Studios does an *unprecedentedly* good job of managing their official forums. The City of Heroes official forum is the only MMO official forum I've ever seen that wasn't a total swamp of viciousness, negativity, and forum warfare.