Posted: Jan 26th 2010 10:23AM mode7overworld said

As somebody who can spend hours in even the most basic character customization screens, the idea of gaining as much notoriety for your sense of aesthetics as you can for the amount of kills you've scored sounds like a ton of fun.

Really looking forward to this game. While I'm sad they're not working on Crackdown 2, this seems like a fair trade.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 10:26AM Snichy said

I have been looking forward ot this game for ages.

They are certainly saying the right things but nothing over and above what all developers say before launch of their game, remains to be seen whether they keep their word or not, and whether it is any good. All indications are that it is looking excellent...!

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Thank you guys for dropping us a line on the game I anticipate the most this year. It's nice to see developers are respecting WOW for the legacy it built, and rather than trying to "kill it" (like all the '09 games claimed they would do amd which will never happen), they are trying to make something new and unique and are tapping in to new markets and potentially making new subgenres of mmos.

APB FTW IN 2010!!!

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 2:39PM Evy said

This is one of the games I'm most anticipating. While I want to play it NOW NOW NOW, I hope they take their time with it. Release it when it's ready.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

Really looking forward to this game. Finally a FPS I can get into.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 3:54PM (Unverified) said

You meant 3PS, right? :)

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 6:54PM Dustystrike said

Sounds awesome!

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 6:34AM SkuzBukit said

I wonder if this will be anything more than another niche PvP game that fails to appeal to either the mmo crowd or the fps crowd, I can't see it being mainstream, but I would like to be proven wrong.

On a plus point they really need the leaderboards to be accurate, available & meaningful, PvP game thrive on that kind of recognition & past PvP eforsts have neglected it, some kind of tournament & prize set up to go along with it to add some real flavour would be an interesting development if utilised.

Posted: Jan 27th 2010 11:38AM (Unverified) said

Right, because the tournament setup of Arenas were SUCH a good idea in WoW.

Look, this game doesn't need anything unless it goes to make the game better. Keep in mind this isn't an MMO with a Shooter focus, it's a Shooter with MMO elements. In this light, consider that people are STILL playing Counterstrike and Team Fortress years after their release, as well as Left 4 Dead with little expectation for updates. Shooters can have longevity without tournaments, prizes and "real flavor" simply by being fun.

Not saying that these things shouldn't be added or that they're bad ideas, but they aren't necessities and shouldn't be forced.