Posted: Jan 25th 2010 12:15PM DrewIW said

I keep wanting to go back and try this, but I guess my WH got killed since he didn't move during the last server merges.

Anyone have any recent experience with the game? Population aside, how's it holding up?

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 12:21PM oGGe said

You move your characters from the accountpages, if you didn't move them they were moved by Mythic/GOA.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 12:56PM GenericPerson said

I last played a few months ago and while fun, it wasn't a long term solution for me. They improved the sieges, but there are still so many graphical glitches (dog with stiff legs, people waddling until about 10ft away, etc) that it make it un-enjoyable. The one thing that I absolutely couldn't get over was that RvR is their endgame and they still cannot decide how they want it done.

I'm on that boat with a bunch of other that say make DAoC2.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 1:06PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I was hoping 1.3.4 was going to say they were shutting it down. I attempted to play it again but I just couldn't handle the graphical glitches and lack of support.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 1:17PM Seffrid said

I played it again recently and it was fine for my playstyle, that is to say solo PvE plus scenarios. Graphically it looked excellent on a high-end system and there were no glitches. Recent lighting improvements were very effective.

The only problem I have with the game is that I have too much else going on in terms of other games (including the much improved AoC) and things in life so I couldn't justify continuing the subscription, otherwise I would have carried on quite happily. It's certainly come on in leaps and bounds since launch.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 1:37PM Boruk said

• 1 heart
Patch Notes:

Warhammer Online will now be known as Allods Online.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:03PM Renko said

How very dare you insult Allods Online like that.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:40PM Boruk said

@Renko

Not meaning to bad mouth AO because I love the game and patiently waiting for Open to start the game for real, this was more of a kick towards War as everything they hoped to aspire to....a F2P game has done and a lot better.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:08PM Valdur said

Tried the game 2 days ago and some animations are still awful and some bugs since launch are still there but the RvR is fun when there is people.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:20PM (Unverified) said

First hand. It good to see a patch coming out for the game. But second hand there never going to be DAOC2. Once Mythic went on to warhammer online. That when DAOC became a nich game. But i would like to see them say anything about a expansion pack or anything. Other than patching and adding some new items

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:36PM tenfootgoatman said

when i tried the welcome back offer a few months ago the game seamed pretty dead . i loved the scenarios in it but the waits put me off . dunno what its like now . i would nt be suprised to see it go free to play

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 2:49PM breezer said

Wow. I know they have a lot on their plate, but I believe this is the first time they've acknowledged that the scenarios need reviewing.

Anyone who played through T4 knows just how unbelievably poorly MOST of the scenarios were designed (Tor Anroc, anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so (it's horrible and players hate it, but play it because it's less horrible than the other options (that nobody ever, ever played))).

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 3:51PM Celestian said

Tor Anroc was the best scenario for that tier.

My biggest issue is the stupid pve requirements to ward up and get gear and the outrageously expensive RVR badge/whatever gear.

Let me craft me a decent set of gear like I could in DaoC, I don't want to pve and grinding hours for weeks to get 1 piece of gear just isn't rewarding enough.

Add all that together with the sloggy, hitching graphics in fights with more than 20-30 people... bleh.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 4:52PM Felnor said

While the game may still have the WAR title, it's in no shape or form the original game that was suppose to kick the crap out of everything.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 10:50PM mightfo said

Seriously? The animations and the rare graphics glitches? This is what you're complaining about that ruins the great scenario combat?

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 2:05AM (Unverified) said

So...I bet that none of you have played the game for a long time...firstly wtf are you people talking about? on med/med servers there are more then enouph people to play with! Most servers go high at some time of the day.

I run a 512kb line from south africa and I dont get any lag untill the massive zergs and then it is not that bad!

It is in vogue to put down this game!

People if u run into an rvr zone and it is empty it will only be because the battle has movec to another rvr zone...if you knew anything about the game it is called contested vs locked zones where locked zones give far less xp...

Please if you are not a warhammer player stop comenting?

Did you not know that the warhammer cominuty has grown again?

As for end game....sigh end game is about finding duels in locked zones.
These are easy to find...Sit neer a war camp.

The largest problem with warhammer is that it is difficult to play and all you small fry wow style grinders can't effectively do pvp or rvr...I have seen it a million times where people qut because they simply suck!

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 4:13AM hami83 said

Yeah, it's just the popular thing to do in the MMO world. Bash Warhammer.
I mean most of the complaints are completely unfounded but again, it's just fun to hate the game.

I'm sure these people are happy to go back Warcraft which is totally glitch free and all the graphics work perfect. Yup, absolutely nothing ever goes wrong with a game like WoW in terms of taking you out of the experience... Nothing at all.