Posted: Jan 25th 2010 5:15PM Cinnamoon said

Awesome, good to see more GW and GW2 stuff around here!

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 5:23PM (Unverified) said

Very good guide to GW sites! Nice to see Presearing.com got mentioned as it has some very useful guides to new players as well as those that haven't created a new character in awhile.

If this is an example of the new Massively content we'll be seeing then two thumbs up! And not just for Guild Wars, it would be nice to see some more coverage on other older games as well.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 6:06PM (Unverified) said

Thank you massively for the Guild Wars community article. Very in depth with lots of great information. Unfortunate timing for our Guru sites listed of course! Appreciate it nonetheless.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 6:48PM (Unverified) said

Hi Inde,

What's unfortunate? Both of the Guru sites seem to be online.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 6:43PM (Unverified) said

Interesting... no mention of http://guildwars.us ...or is being able to create a free Guild Wars blog not noteworthy?

...or the video guides
...or the 6 years of ezines
...or the comics
...or the fansize web game http://photics.com/conquest

One of the things I don't like about the Guild Wars community is the cliques. If you don't go to a certain website, use a certain build, or play a certain way, you're not cool enough. If you're serious about covering Guild Wars, maybe you'll dig deeper and get the real story.

For example, have you actually visited the VN_Boards? I consider the Guild Wars General board to be far from active. That's unfortunate, because that was one of my favorite Guild Wars forums.

ArenaNet really should have an official forum.

I'm glad to see Presearing.com mentioned. It's a cool fansite and Pre-Searing is still one of my favorite places in the game.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 6:29AM (Unverified) said

I believe (as it is a community focused article) he is specifically talking about fansites with large, active forums.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 9:06AM (Unverified) said

Well, now Rubi doesn't have to include your site photics, you've included yourself.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 9:34AM (Unverified) said

JR, it does seem that the focus of that part of the article is on fansites with forums... but the header is just FANSITES. does a fansite need to have a forum to be considered a true fansite? I could launch a forum today, but then what happens if ArenaNet decides to launch an official forum? It would pretty much kill the fansite forums.

"While the official sites lack forums" ...Ruby acknowledges that the official site doesn't have an official forum. That's unusual when so many major MMORPGs have one... WoW, SW:TOR, Lotro, EQ, EQ2, and more. At GuildWars.us, it was a decision not to have one. I've seen what happened when the official Wiki was launched. I've been wanting to launch a forum, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. What happens if I wake up one day and see that ArenaNet has launched their own forum? I'd feel pretty silly... but probably a little happy too. I think that there should be an official forum.

Crazy idea: ArenaNet should merge the fansite forums into one super forum, and then pay the fansite webmasters to moderate it. ArenaNet has been hiring people like crazy. Why don't they spend the money to build a proper forum? ...not ones riddled with pop-up ads or banner ads. Things are different now than they were in 2003-2004.

____

AuntieI - Glad I could help. :)