Posted: Jan 25th 2010 9:56PM Valdur said

Guy A is always right and Vanguard,Warhammer Online and AoC are proofs.I have been on the "it's Beta"side for both Vanguard and Warhammer Online and we all know how it ended.

Today's standard is when your game hits Open Beta, it better be running with minimum bug or it's gonna be crash and burn a month after release.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 5:57AM pcgneurotic said

It ended with Vanguard being probably the best fantasy MORPG out there, which not many will realise since its launch was borked more than anything else!

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 6:32PM wjowski said

Hilarious. You should take over for Conan O'Brian.

Posted: Jan 25th 2010 11:44PM Tizmah said

Open Beta's are not Betas anymore. They just go about doing the same bug fixes they were going to do anyway. It's not like, OH THANK GOD YOU SENT THAT BUG REPORT IT, YOU SAVED THE GAME!

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 6:14AM Valdur said

@ Neurotic

The game launched in an almost alpha state and people got pissed by that but I agree with you that Vanguard is the best Fantasy MMORPG post WoW but unfortunately SoE doesn't seem to think so.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 8:46AM Seare said

I used the "It's beta argument", but only during closed beta and only against people who post, "OMG this game sucks, it will fail after 1 month...yada...yada..yada." Please, someone name 1 game that closed after 1 or 6 months. When I say "its beta", that comment is usually followed up by, "post some constructive comments about what is wrong and how it can be fixed."

IMHO, "It's beta" is not a valid statement when the game is in Open Beta, nor is it a valid response to to someone who is simply pointing out problems with a game. For example, I posted a thread pointing out some bugs (no anger, no doom and gloom) and I got the "it's beta" response. Well, DUH! That's why I'm posting the thread, to get the bugs fixed, not to rant and rave.

I don't mind if someone complains about a game I like, as long as they give some "constructive" and "realistic" feedback on what is wrong and how to fix it. Anyone who posts doom and gloom comments, without any real feedback on what is wrong and how to fix it, is an idiot and should be ignored.

Someone said they think that people who say "its beta" are paid by the company. Sometimes I think "doom and gloomers" are paid by rival MMO companies LOL! Anything is possible. All I know is that I'm not paid by anyone to play a game or give an opinion on any game.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 12:54PM Salaryn said

The people that got to me in the STO Open Beta were the ones screaming servers were down for patching, etc, in PRIME TIME. Good grief. Let them fix the game, cause you'll be whining about anything unfinished/unfixed once the game is live.

Posted: Jan 26th 2010 1:02PM dudemanjac said

Those were funny. It was annoying at times, but a necessary evil.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014