Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 3:12PM (Unverified) said

It's scenes like this that make me want to jump back into Eve, but I just know that after the two-week trial I'd get bored (probably before it even ended) and quit with a bad taste in my mouth.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 5:12PM SgtBaker said

Next time you're in EVE, join a corp, find some friends and get some kills. You might change your mind (or quit in rage). Either way, you'll have a different taste in your mouth.

EVE is not a solo game

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 6:10PM Graill440 said

• Half a heart

"EVE is not a solo game" Very true words. Like any gang mentality if you dont join your killed, i guess EVE is like real life after all.

Only because of the EVE community, and that in itself is really sad, in both game mechanics and attitudes. Does anyone in the EVE community ask themselves why "our" game is so small and stale?

To be honest who really cares about EVE anymore? This site is the only one that regularly posts blogs about it. With its tiny community it is better to simply let them slowly eat each other till there is nothing left. And CCP hoping the console users will rez EVEwith dust? Not happening. Enjoy your little world. (grin)

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 6:47PM ewingmaestro said

Actually EVE subscriptions are definitely on the rise, as has been blogged on this site not long ago with a feature on its "record number of subscribers".

This comment is misinformed and entirely subjective, so cheers.

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 1:25AM SgtBaker said

Graill,

You're mixing up EVE with all the standard MMO worlds where expansion packs only add 10 new levels and armor textures and do nothing to the stale game mechanics. Where communities are split to shards and ushered on servers that barely support 10k people before they become "full", where massive PvP is 40vs40 in a tiny instanced room and where newcomers to the community are banned from playing with their friends by artificial gear and level checks.

Nice try though (lol).

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 9:58PM (Unverified) said

EVE is one of the most original mmo's, if not games in general, that you can play. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's hard to back up that it has a "sad" community and is a "stale/small" game. Especially since it normally has around 30-50 thousand players logged in to a single (massive) universe at one time.

Sounds to me like Graill didnt quite finish the tutorial. But then again, it's a pretty hard tutorial ;)

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 12:10AM DrewIW said

You guys used my picture! :D

I'm one of the Obelisk pilots in that pic. As pretty as it is, that was honestly the most boring night I've ever had playing EVE. Freighters are sloooooooow, and even with the help of a Titan, moving them (along with the escort fleet) is a very tedious process.

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 12:16AM halfcaptain said

Damn, Graill. You're really building a reputation, nay, an occupation out of harshing on EVE. I mean, you've written the book on nasty, hyperbolic EVE rants. I think you're onto something, like a brand. You could have T-shirts! With negative, prejudicial EVE slogans on them!

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 12:59AM ultimateq said

Brilliant!

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 5:42AM Johny B said

i bet that's a corp from MM that's building titans
/me whistles

Posted: Jan 24th 2010 9:43AM Joshua Przygocki said

Thought it was a great game, but as stated early not right for some, not right for me.