Posted: Jan 22nd 2010 2:38AM (Unverified) said

Oh and ps - I'd really love to know how Cryptic would fare in a court case now.
I mean, they've done a complete 180 on a previously announced/advertised/published game feature and sold units based upon that, only to now totally reverse that feature.

So, are lifetimers who purchased because of that feature (or who *state* they purchased because of that feature, if they're smart) entitled to a full refund?

By Cryptic's logic I doubt it, but a court of law may see things differently (sold one thing, received an entirely different other.. sound familiar?)

Posted: Jan 22nd 2010 6:32AM (Unverified) said

Actually, Cryptic was pretty good about giving refunds to LT subscribers in Champions Online... I think you had to request them within the first 30 days though.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2010 9:11AM dudemanjac said

Yeah, as much as I think they didn't really deserve them in CO, this is a different story. Not really sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand I don't really have a problem with a cap, on the other hand, if I'm only allowed to make two fed characters, I'm not even going to be able to see what it's like to SPECIALIZE in the 3 available professions on just one of the sides. Forget about the chance to try to do different mixes.

What this has done is really open my eyes about the serious problem only having 3 slots is going to cause.

Dammit! I feel myself finally being drawn to the other side. I still like the game and will be buying it, but I'm not thrilled about some of these moves that will force me to use the cash shop. It was one thing in CO where it could be easily avoided, but 2 character slots, with no word on a way to earn more, is a bit criminal. I don't see any suits coming though, they will give ppl their money back. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a lifetime sub. You lost money on the bad press you get from doing it, then you give the money back to.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 5:23AM (Unverified) said

Don't worry. They'll happily sell you more character slots.