Posted: Jan 20th 2010 11:15AM (Unverified) said

Still makes me wonder why aion has to have double experience bonus weekends like this I still dream of a day where it might not be so grindy that it might be worth picking up oh well.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 11:37AM (Unverified) said

Some mid range players might be able to get a level over the weekend now because of this. All Jokes aside

Some levels in aion are so slow and tedious this kind of weekend will help coupled with the ingame xp boost it could really help a player skip a few levels with some ease, leveling an alt during this weekend is a real plus too.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 11:51AM Kalec said

If I hear they throw in a patch with +1000 more quests or a permanent 2x XP factor I will try Aion again ... till then it shall rest on my desk (cuz the metal chase is so pretty :D )

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 1:24PM Celestian said

Ditto. Game needs to double the EXP indefinitely and add tons more quests.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 12:32PM (Unverified) said

The double xp weekends are a temporary fix to help progression until the content and progression tweaks being worked on can be localized and added to the game.

An important thing to remember is the double xp DOES stack with the 40% "rest" xp bonus all players level 20 and higher can accumulate, and it also DOES stack with the 20% bonus xp from lodas amulets and flora amulets from vet rewards and various other sources.

These weekends are a great opportunity to level up alts for your Daevanion gear or to pound out a level or two on your main.

The weekend starts late Friday night and goes until early Monday morning.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 3:18PM (Unverified) said

I think we need a permanent Double XP Weekend. Not everyday, but weekends only. That way, the double XP won't give a huge boost to the crazy people who grind 24/7 for months, but it'll give a nice boost to more casual players.

More than anything, what this game really needs is to permanently increase the drop rate (or implement double drop rate weekends), and make all the named mobs to have 100% drop rate (even if they are garbages), so that we won't have to endure the utter frustration that is "no-drop bosses". There is nothing more frustrating than trudging through 2 hours of mobs to kill the boss, only to find jack squat in the loot, which is surprisingly frequent in Aion.

I love this game already, but if those couple of things are fixed, I'd love it even more!

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 10:24PM (Unverified) said

The only fault I find with Aion in terms of grinding is grouping should yield more XP. The game really isn't grindy at all compared to other games, in terms of leveling. The real grind is end-game, and the only motivation is competitiveness so I doubt leveling up would help people that don't even have the motivation to do so without a push. Nice for alts anyways.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 10:29PM Valdur said

I guess they have no other choice than double xp week end to ease the frustrating grind as leveling is PITA @ 40+ if you don`t have people to run the dungeons full of Elite.

Posted: Jan 21st 2010 1:24PM Angelworks said

Aion is honestly a game I wish I could pay per minute - its really hard to justify a per month when all the fun events only happen once in a while.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014