Posted: Jan 21st 2010 2:51PM (Unverified) said

My only comment would be that if you give someone a quest to kill some big baddie and they do not put big baddie in a giant bullseye where he stands like a robot 24/7 waiting to be killed you will be DELUGED by 'I looked for 30 seconds and did not find X, how are you supposed to kill him? This game is so buggy! I'm going to complain to the internet!' chat.

I do totally agree with you though. THE thing I absolutely hate about MMOS is the stupid static wandering mobs and their respawning. Instanced games like STO get around this with missions but still have the BS of monsters not getting help from nearby friends or otherwise acting like more than crates to be broken for change in an action RPG. It really makes the game feel like a grind because every combat is the same waste of time with a very slim possibility of something going different.

Posted: Jan 21st 2010 12:05PM (Unverified) said

Oblivion left one hell of a sour taste in my mouth... i'll give this a chance but im really not expecting much.

Posted: Jan 21st 2010 5:58PM Bigglesbee said

I loved Elder Scrolls. I loved Knights of the Old Republic. I always hoped both companies would make an MMO from those two franchises. I feel like I live in bizarro world now because it, if this Elder Scrolls MMO isn't just a rumor, game developers started filling out my wishlist.

Whenever I played Oblivion, I always thought "What a fun game, really good feel to everything. Shame it's a single-player MMO. I wonder why they just don't make an MMO out of it." Let's hope the rumor is true, and my thief can jump over single-story buildings in the MMO to come just like he can in Oblivion :P.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2010 8:28AM LonnieDVD said

Please don't let this be true. I want Elder Scrolls V, not an MMO.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2010 8:55PM (Unverified) said

This better be a very well rounded game. I'm not intending to offend Bethesda, but they lack experience in MMO creation. They are doing really good at creating immersive single player experiences, but delivering the same cutting edge experience in a persistant online world is something utterly different. If they fail to get things right from the start, this ship is doomed to sink. Unfortunately.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014