Posted: Jan 18th 2010 3:39PM Kalec said

I must admit I have always regreted the fact that I didn't buy HG:L when it first appeared ... I simply hadn't heard of it till it sank ... I do agree that (from what I heard) the game has it's flaws ... but for some reason the story behind the game pushes some of my buttons, thus forcing me to consider buying it (witch I will) but I do hope for a HG:L 2 or an expansion pack to make the game more of an MMO instead of a single player game with a heavy online component.

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 4:34PM urgan said

I was always really sad that I didn't get to experience the endless dungeon that was in beta when the game shutdown. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and do not regret having bought a lifetime subscription.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 1:50AM (Unverified) said

"..and do not regret having bought a lifetime subscription."

This is going to sound like I'm having a go - I'm not. I'm literally really curious as to why you feel that way?
To my mind, I wouldn't be at all too happy about buying a LT only to have the title shut down prematurely. Especially considering that there was an option to pay monthly if you wanted paid-for features.

What is the bonus you feel you gained (or gave) by buying into a LT sub?

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 6:13AM Askgar said

I'm also interested in your comment "..and do not regret having bought a lifetime subscription." I had a lifetime myself and enjoyed the game but only getting about 6 months from my "lifetime" sub did annoy me and I did regret it because it would have been cheaper to just pay monthly for the time it WAS available.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 11:17AM urgan said

To phrase it another way, I may have paid more than was necessary, but it was still worth the price to me.

(the previous comment I made was not appearing, so I made it twice. apologies if it shows up more than once).

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 4:39PM Dranaerys said

The game had some flaws, repetition in envioronments being one of them, but it was certainly fun. What annoys me that msot likely, this repackaging of the game means those of us who bought it back in teh day will have to probably buy it again if we want in on the fun. Maybe they will offer a discounted upgrade for owners of the original hellgate.

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 6:24PM (Unverified) said

I'm quite happy the game is coming back online here in the US as it was quite a pain to get connected to the servers in Korea (and mostly illegal lol). I loved HGL, sure as others have said it had it's flaws but come on, every game has flaws! HGL was just plain fun in a stupid button smashing hack-n-slash, dungeon of doom kinda way.

Plus, loot games are always my cup of tea.

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 6:32PM dudemanjac said

So do you lifetimers get to use it when the game goes live again?

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 7:12PM wjowski said

Would this be the industry's first stolen MMO?

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 7:19PM CCon99 said

If only someone would resurrect Tabula Rasa and make it free to play and allow players to be Bane faction!

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 12:22AM (Unverified) said

To bad NCSoft doesn't roll like that. They throw their shutdown games in a vault and never see them again :(

Plus the whole shutdown thing was a battle of egos between NC and Lord Brit. They shut it down as to spit in his eye.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 12:22AM MewmewGrrl said

Honestly, if I really have a desire to play the game, I can play it offline solo to finish through the story.

I was one of those lucky people who paid every month into the game only to have it shut down. I guess you take that chance with every online game that comes out, but it was sad to put all that work into characters only to lose them. They should have at least gave us the option to download our character data to use in the solo game. I will NOT be paying to start over, or even playing again after all that time and getting it shut down. If they had our character data and gave it back, that would be the only way I'd consider playing again.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 6:09AM pcgneurotic said

I think it's a fair assumption that if/when it comes back to the US and Europe, it will be in its current Korean F2P model - I'm just guessing here based on what it actually says in the text above:

"It's also interesting to note that the game is no longer referred to as "Hellgate: London" in the press release, but alternately as "Hellgate" and "Hellgate: Resurrection" (as the new free-to-play version is presently known in Korea)."

I doubt Hanbit would be so stupid as to try and charge anyone for a client again. The Koreans may be horrible at making interesting mmogs, but they ain't stupid.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 8:14AM Damn Dirty Ape said

Having bought this game already, I will be giving it another try as I found it fun despite it's flaws (which were MANY).

Although if anyone out there is looking for a FPSRPG Diablo type loot game, I would HIGHLY recommend Borderlands. It has talents to build your character as you level up (cheap respecs too if you mess up), four character classes, and a CRAP load of fun loot (similar color code to games like WoW with white being common and orange being super rare). Plus the gameplay is very tight and fun (though I play it on my PS3 so I am not sure how the PC version plays).

Posted: Jan 31st 2010 10:21AM (Unverified) said

Maybe someone can get the rights for Tabula Rasa from NCSoft and republish that as well? :P I'd really like that ^^