Posted: Jan 15th 2010 9:13PM (Unverified) said

is it a new producer and the old one stay or a new producer and the old one leave?
That the question!

BTW i love this game i want it to succes event with is grind part!

Posted: Jan 15th 2010 10:03PM Cendres said

I guess Liv left some time ago, haven't seen her around in ages. :/

Posted: Jan 15th 2010 10:25PM Valentina said

Liv wasn't the producer, she's an associate producer, I think there are a couple of associate producers...I think Liv went from community manager to Associate producer and that's why she's not out talking with everyone these days.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 9:58AM Cendres said

Yeah I know, but she hasn't posted in months and she used to after she was associate producer, her twitter account has been emptied of tweets.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 12:10AM (Unverified) said

I think it is desperation time for Aion and they need new fresh ideas from this guy.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 10:00AM Cendres said

I really don't think NCwest has any power to do that, that's up to the Korean dev team. These guys here can only tweak things.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 4:06PM (Unverified) said

And the thing nobody realizes is that kingson is NOT A NEW PERSON. He was the fail producer of lineage 2 for some time and then got quietly shuffled over to the aion team when ncsoft was putting everyone they didnt want to fire on aion and putting l1/l2 on maintenance mode.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 2:15PM (Unverified) said

I love Aion, but I do recognize the need for some urgent expansion. The content is drying up fast past lv30 (mostly grind a few instances over and over), and there are some flaws that need to be addressed to keep people from leaving. However though, I don't think this new producer will be able to do much..

Richard Garriott had killed any influence that NC West had over NC Korea by completely and utterly messing up Tabula Rasa and royally screwing over NCsoft, so this new producer appointment is pretty much meaningless, IMO.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 4:05AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I'm enjoying Aion. Once you get used to the grind, and the open PvP nature of the game, it really starts to grow on you! I'm looking forward to the new features to come in 2010. I think too many people get turned off early on in Aion, and quit. I'm not saying that Aion is the best and only MMORPG out there, but it is quite good! Hopefully the new producer can help the game grow.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 3:39AM Valentina said

Aion is doing pretty well, actually. I just think they need someone who's going to communicate more frequently & get some things done.

Posted: Jan 17th 2010 6:18PM (Unverified) said

Aion is doing well? Are you serious? Even by niche gaming standards its fairly hopeless at primetime to find a group to do certain things. With the PvP and PvE portions of the game colliding in primetime. For a 6 hour span when fortresses go active for 35 minutes at a time its difficult to find people do PvE with.

Last night at 8pm there were a total of 15 Sorceror's online between 45-50. Of those 13 were defending in the Abyss and 2 of them were in already in a 2-4 hour instance. Sorcerors are pretty much a requirement to do any instance because they are the only "real" CC in the game. Move along to having 12 45-50 Clerics online and all but 1 busy with PvP and you are SOL for PvE.

Aion is doing far from well if there are less than 15 players playing in a certain required class and level during primetime on a Saturday night. Games that survive (even niche ones) have far more to choose from in a playerbase. They also do not have niche classes that are required above all else. If Aion wants to survive the year without losing more and more players they need to find a way to spread the wealth of CC, Dispels and Healing from the classes that have them. They also need to speed instances up by reducing monster health, reducing trash numbers, etc. People just don't wanna be doing an instance for 3 hours anymore. WoW learned that with Blackrock Depths, now NCSoft Korea needs to do so as well.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 5:04AM Dranaerys said

Well, Im pretty sure as NCsoft intended, Aion has foind tis gaming niche and will surely prosper within that niche. Sadly, it was not for me, and all I see is a squandered opportunity for soemthing that could have been much, much more, and any changes they tack on in 2010 will jsut be a case of too little, too late, for me.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 9:00AM Valdur said

It's a good move as Aion(NCsoft) needs to improve its communication towards the players.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 9:55AM Le Chat Noir said

Some would say it needs alot more than that, unfortunately I see server merges on the horizon.

Posted: Jan 17th 2010 1:14AM (Unverified) said

I recently tried Aion not so long ago and from levels 1-25 it was like playing a single player game. Hardly anyone was around on the Siel server. In the NA/EU regions this game is hurting bad and it needs new ideas. Thats ok though because we have FFXIV coming our way!

Posted: Jan 18th 2010 10:32AM (Unverified) said

Is Aion still a grind-fest? I'm actively looking for a new MMO but my mates who play this give me the impression it's just one big grind. That was a few months ago, so I'd be interested to hear if anything's changed

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant