Posted: Jan 15th 2010 6:46PM J Brad Hicks said

I suspect that that 7 million registered members number is misleading, in that probably fewer than 10% of that have logged in in the last month.

You should also have pointed out that easily 75% of the content in the game is flatly impossible for a level 5 combat character, and that includes the ending of every single storyline in the game. No, really, this is no longer a free game. This is merely a game with an endless free trial; the actual game costs $4.99 a month per player. That's still cheaper than $14.99, but only because they're betting that the average player will spend more than $10 per month on cash items. They're probably right.

I'm not saying that I'm anti-Free-Realms, or that Free Realms shouldn't exist. I'm only saying that people really should know what they're getting into before they log into it.

Posted: Jan 15th 2010 9:28PM Pingles said

Free Realms is a fantastic game that even as an adult I subscribed to and had fun...

...HOWEVER...

They had a fantastic open system where a few jobs were Free and others were only accessible to paying members.

Now EVERY job is available to free players but only up to level 5. So a free player can no longer play any class to maximum level.

As stated above there is no longer a FREE Realms...just an endless free trial.

Really breaks my heart that they changed it so dramatically. I no longer recommend it to folks.

Posted: Jan 15th 2010 11:05PM (Unverified) said

I absolutely would never let my kid play this game without the chat restrictions. I played this game with my niece and within a few seconds someone in this crowd of players in town starts talking about sex.

Posted: Jan 16th 2010 6:36AM (Unverified) said

I kind of feel free realm lacks the key group play factor that most mmo has. Which kind of enhances peoples ablitiy to deal with other players.

The mini game are quite limited when you look at it, for example the gathering quest are almost exactly the same reskinned.

Overall thu there isnt any factors that encourage parents to play with their kids in this game. The only real example where this is put in place is in a console game call "viva pinata" where another player can assist in the building of the garden.

I also would like to see more accurate figures on those stats.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 7:48AM (Unverified) said

So, what *do* commenters recommend as an alternative?

One Shots: Nowhere to hide