Posted: Jan 18th 2010 4:27AM (Unverified) said

That is not exactly true. Matter of fact, it really is not true at all. There is a lot of PvE available after 20. Indeed, the point of piracy is a chance to take the PvE loot that people have gotten in an instance or raid. The next beta will introduce the first raid in-game, which I believe is a 24-man raid. They have said that they intend to have quite a number of WoW style raids available at end-game, as well as a number of smaller 6-man instances.

Think of the PvE in terms of "vanilla" WoW's end game raids in Black Rock Mountain...on a PvP server. You may have to fight to get in and fight to get out but there is going to be a lot of PvE content to enjoy.

Even better is that the PvE instances I have done thus far (admittedly only two instances) are very well done and come closest to the original "WoW-feel" that I have yet seen. Bosses are not tank and spank, especially as you get to the higher instances and each has a "trick" to them. They are great fun, especially if you enjoyed the "vanilla-WoW" instances, though not quite as long as some of them.

It is a great game thus far and I can not wait to get to release so I can level my actual character.

Posted: Jan 19th 2010 4:12PM (Unverified) said

It's just too bad that they can't put files together so people can try it. I was accepted for Beta three times, but the files were always corrupted when I tried to install it. I went to many different download sites and tried all the tips for repairing them that I could find. I was excited for this game, but I probably won't even look at the finished product now, since they don't care enough to give you something that works. How about instead of massive form threads on how to fix their mistakes, they do it right the first time so we don't have to fix it?

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 8:04AM (Unverified) said

To Anaughtybear.

Have you tried renaming the launcher.exe to launcher0.exe and then running
the file named launcher.exe ?
This will start a auto repair.

This worked for me i found it somewhere on the net.

Posted: Jan 20th 2010 7:22AM (Unverified) said

2 Louis C.

Deal is, dying is quite expensive at the moment (do not forget, that you have to save 1500 for a ship). And revenue streams are not that many and not that fat. If you are an active PvP-er grinding for an half an hour to be able to die just 1-2 times is retarded. If you are not, being repeatedly ganked is going to cost you quite a lot of gold. Taking a break for an hour at every death is not funny too (and the timer only ticks when you are online). In comparison to previous No-Death scenery current situation look bleak. For all the pirates out there - to repar a ship from 0 to 100% you will have to pay 190 GP and wait 2 days (it takes 30 real minutes to repair 1%). Of course, you can fly with 1% hull... yet I fear this too will be fixed. Of course, anything and everything can be changed... however, at the moment we only see Greed. With every new patch it becomes harder and harder to live without the Mall. Well-known bugs are being ignored while new Real-Money pumps are being introduced. There are rumors of super-patch that will fix everything in one fell swoop (at the end of Jan.). Well... we shal see... :)

Posted: Jan 21st 2010 3:37PM (Unverified) said