Posted: Jan 13th 2010 2:23PM (Unverified) said

I played the game for a few months last year and was impressed by the game, graphics, and expansive/massive environments. The game is actually quite fun and I liked it a lot but don't play it right now because I was drawn into Warhammer (ok, so much potential that MJ destroyed) and AION (very pretty but needs work... the worst "grindfest" I have ever played). Now STO is calling me. Vanguard, IMO, is a game that is a sleeper win compared to the trash heap it was on release. I say check it out and see.. I think they still have a trial period which allows you play out the Isle of Dawn.

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 2:34PM Teki said

this is a game that I keep going back to. I just resub'd actually and intend to reach max level this time starting fresh.

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 3:45PM Bueno said

Always had fun in VG. It's hard to stick with one class as this game promotes altoholism.

I might come back after the server merges as the only thing keeping me away was the lack of players.

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 4:30PM (Unverified) said

VERY underrated game. Should go the DDO freemium model in my opinion.

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 6:04PM (Unverified) said

Still my all-time favorite MMORPG although I haven't played it in a while. I would be back in a heartbeat if they went F2P or lowered the sub cost a bit.

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 7:55PM Lateris said

I always love how the UT II engine is used for this game. The terrain is beautiful. The exploration is so much fun. The personal flying mounts just rock. A lot of the kinks were worked out with the game itself.

But my concern is if I went back and dedicate my free time what are the chances that SOE is going to shut it down?

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 9:30PM (Unverified) said

I really do enjoy amazing scenery in a game, I really feel like it adds to the feel of the game!

I like the idea of VG becoming a free to play MMO, I really think it could breathe life into the game.

Do you guys think Vanguard could potentially be successful as a free to play mmo?

Posted: Jan 13th 2010 11:52PM (Unverified) said

I am back playing it after being "on and off" over the last 2 years. And having played almost every other MMO currently available with the exception of Aion, I have to say I'm back for a good while and loving it!

It has so many good features...huge open world, mounts (land and flying, huge variety), player housing, excellent crafting, diplomacy, great class/race selection (huge combinations) etc. The initial problems that drove me away of bugs and performance issues have been overcome to a large degree, and aside from the occasional glitch (which every game has) it is an absolute pleasure.

Population is a slight issue, but with reduced server numbers it's actually quite good and there has been a steady stream of returning/new people of late (I can vouch for the Seradon server). I strongly encourage you to check it out!

Posted: Jan 14th 2010 8:44AM Sabriel said

This was always the strongest aspect of Vanguard. The starting areas for each race were amazing and detailed and unlike any other MMO I've ever played really drew you into the world, each in their own unique manner. The Kurashasa one is probably the most dramatic in terms of creating an entirely new twist on the perils facing the world of Telon. Sadly... none of the very very rich original lore ever came to fruition.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories