Posted: Jan 12th 2010 2:37PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Not a real surprise, but at least they have a target. So should be out Fall 2011.

So that leaves this Fall/Winter open for Blizzard and Cataclysm.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 2:41PM Lateris said

I would love to test this game.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 2:43PM Triskelion said

• Half a heart
Good, they have plenty of time to fix those horrendous looking models.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 2:47PM Renko said

Hopefully that means it will launch with space combat included. The deafening silence on the subject and the expected release this year had a lot of people convinced it wouldn't and the rabid fanbois already making up their excuses in advance.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 2:48PM LaughingTarget said

To be fair, EA has gotten a lot better, both in cultivating new IP and letting them develop the game. Activision is the new Dark Emperor in the publishing world.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 3:00PM Mr Angry said

hehe great timing, let's take the wind out of Cryptic's sails for a second hehehe, just when open beta has started, classy!

Super excited about this, between then and now, it's killing times with MMO's for me...

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 3:12PM (Unverified) said

Over a year away is disappointing at best. I hope to see vast improvements over that year, starting with the claymation characters.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 3:16PM (Unverified) said

NOO O O O o oo oo o . .. ... . .. .!i!i!i!i!

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 3:33PM TheJackman said

No one never say it was going to release in 2010 :D

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 3:52PM AlamoeJones said

I thought for sure it was going to release in 2010. Why else were they giving out so much information, over a year before the intended release time. Oh well, I guess this gives them more time to perfect it.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 4:05PM Tizmah said

• Half a heart
I'm not a graphics whore or anything..but..Don't you guys think this looks extremely dated for something that's going to release in a years time?

Maybe I'm just being silly about the cartoony appearance and just saying that..but it looks nothing like Mass Effect 2..Oh well..

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 4:15PM Valentina said

It doesn't surprise me!!! With how MMO's have gone lately, with being rushed out and lacking all sorts of things, I am glad to hear about this...We might finally get a game that is what it says it will be...But 2010 still has some major releases coming! Final Fantasy XIV, and STO! :)

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 4:16PM Tethadam said

Bioware went with stylized artwork over virtual realism that many games go for now. For one as a MMO it makes sense. The more graphic intensive a MMO is the less people can play it and the more lag that it entails. I would much rather have a smooth game play experience with tons of people that a Ultra realistic graphic intensive world that has a ton of lag and few players.

EVE, does have great graphics. But as someone who has done plenty of nul sec opps with my Corp I can tell you EVE has tons of lag with lots of players in the same location.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 4:39PM dudes said

• 1 heart
I'm melting. M-E-L-T-I-N-GGGGGggggg.¸¸.·´´¯`··.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 4:53PM dudemanjac said

That's fine. It gives me time to finish MassEffect 2, KOTOR 1 and 2, Force unleashed, Modern Warfare 2. Also by then I should have played myself out of CO and STO I don't know if there's anything else out I'm all that crazy about. Unless Jumpgate or Black Prophecy come out between now and then.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 5:00PM Seffrid said

• 1 heart
My only fear about this game is that the longer it takes to be launched the more likely it is that it will be buried by all the hype.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 5:02PM spamero said

• Half a heart
Hmm.... no open betas yet (was there closed beta sometime?) and they want to release in roughly 3 months?

I am really crossing my fingers for this one, and would like to play it even today, but better late then fucked up.
And I don't mean unstable servers, I hope they won't repeat the mistakes of other mmos released in last 2 years, which we all had high hopes for but they failed miserably.

Obviously the best would if it came out on spring and polished ^^

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 5:29PM jpkustra said

Reading is fundamental.

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 6:22PM RogueJedi86 said

Yeah..........spamero, it says Spring 2011, not Spring 2010. That's a year and 3 months, not 3 months. :P

Posted: Jan 12th 2010 5:42PM (Unverified) said

I think Blizzard is more of a factor in the release date than anything.

Spring 2011 will be a lull in WoW and the perfect time to launch a new MMO.