Posted: Jan 9th 2010 8:31AM Wisdomandlore said

I tried them, but I couldn't get into it. It's like all the work of an MMO with none of the...everything else an MMO is.

But I suspect I'll play the bejeezus out of Civilization when it arrives on Facebook!

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 9:17AM Erzeal said

Not anymore.
I left Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Dont intend on ever going back.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 9:14AM Halldorr said

All of the girls at work play Farmville and Cafe World as well as my girlfriend, sister, and mom. Even now while sitting in the dungeon finder queue in WoW my girlfriend is alt tabbed tending to her cafe. It's crazy how much they play those FB games. Like Wisdomandlore though, I will probably play the Civilizations FB game :)

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 9:18AM (Unverified) said

You betcha!

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:05AM MrGutts said

I am the king of Cafe World and Farmville and Castle Age! Well sorta.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 9:31AM Seffrid said

I have zero interest in Facebook, Twitter, or any other such stuff.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 9:42AM Dumac said

Me too. Except for the fact that i love Twitter :P But really, zero interest in Facebook.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:13AM Stormwaltz said

What he said.

I do have a page on GamerDNA, I don't use it to socialize so much as to display my LotRO screenshots.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:05AM Itanius said

I don't mind Facebook for the social aspect, but I've blocked all of their silly gaming applications.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 3:47PM Anatidae said

Calling them games is pretty nice. That's like calling a pile of clay a sculpture. Now, I would say that they are an incredible combination of multi-level-marketing schemes. The first thing they do is spam your friends. In every other venue, people get pretty upset about spam. Yet for facebook, it seems ok to be spammed that so-and-so got a pig on Farmville.

The early FB add-ons were annoying. Gifting people all sorts of crap and hoping that others might buy into gifts that cost money. But the games are insidious.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 4:41PM jpo said

This.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:28AM Suplyndmnd said

When I opened my facebook account I had one friend, my Dad. I started to mess with it after about 8 months of having just 1 friend and only used it because my best friend had me as a groomsmen and he was using it to co-ordinate with the groomsmen since some were from out of town. I got on it more to see how it was and got angry quickly at all the damn game updates my friends insisted on publishing. I eventually broke down and tried CafeWorld and got hooked. Then Farmville. I now have a list of games i play religiously and I am addicted.

I play Farmville, CafeWorld, YoVille, Ponzi Inc, Tycoons, Medical Mayhem, and used to play FishVille (got old fast). I'm in a lull right now with MMO's and really just like the fact that I don't have to over think things. I'm doing the WAR free trial atm but i'm renown rank 8 and level 10 so i'm at the point that I can advance no further. As a broke student i like the free games.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

Guilty. I play like 5 different games :/

Cafe world is my favorite.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:50AM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
This face book games give in game shops and grinding a even worst name, I wish Facebook, Twitter, or any other crap sites like that did get shutdown! I can not believe there are people out there that play this horror flash games and enjoy it...

Tip to all that people get a Nintendo DSi there are like a 100 games on it just like it and much more fun!

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:54AM Gaugamela said

I just got to laugh at that definition that since those games involve no skill they aren't considered games.
So what are manager simulators such as Football Manager to you?
Those Facebook games ARE games but of a different type of the more typical videogame.

Heck why do you speak only of the Facebook games? I can point you to a bunch of browser internet games like http://www.ogame.org/ where you colonize planets and attack other players or http://www.hattrick.org/ a football management game, where nearly a million people play and compete against each other organized in divisions like in any professional soccer competition.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 10:57AM toychristopher said

Restaurant City, GEOchallenge, and How Big is Your Brain? are my favorites.

They should so have Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Those games would be so much fun on facebook because the social aspects would work so much better than they do with a gameboy or console.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 11:15AM tk421242 said

Been playing around with City of Eternals. Basically they added a visual aspect to mafia wars or vampire wars type game. Start a vamp and just do simple quests over and over. Not saying its good, not saying its bad. It is what it is. If you are an individual that has a type of job that lets you just waste time on FB, it may be exactly what you are looking for. I do not have a job such as that and prefer traditional MMOs when playing at home, but I can see it being a big advancement in FB games in the future. Runs in a browser without any software or downloads.
If I did have a nice office job, I am sure I would spend more time exploring the game.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 11:22AM (Unverified) said

I play MafiaWars, Armies and Street Racer. They are an amusing thing to check in on when I am waking up in the morning.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 11:46AM thud said

settle down skippy.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 11:53AM thud said

A game that requires no downloads, can be played from anywhere, is free, and can be enjoyed with just 10 minutes out of your day is a good thing with massive appeal.

I don't want to start this debate here because it will only result in a flame war but it really does boil down to the stereotypical "no lifers" conversation about gamers. Those of us who are constantly busy don't always have time to pop in our favorite game disk and slaughter zombies for three hours. I'd pick tending to a little sim BBG over no gaming at all any day.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM