Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:05AM Anatidae said

I'd rather they not announce anything until they are ready for open beta. The pre-launch hype of MMOs these days is getting seriously old.

Heck, I remember the Diablo 3 announcement. Remember that? Perhaps my grandchildren might see that game when it finally releases?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:32AM Evy said

You and me both. I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to hear about a game unless they're less than a year out. Too much time spent dreaming about World of Darkness and other games I fear I won't get to see before my 80's. ;-)

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:08AM GenericPerson said

They do seem to announce or release expansions, patches, etc in conjunction with other companies releases so I wouldn't doubt it just to spite the SWTOR community.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:17AM (Unverified) said

Will Massively ever publish a post that isn't a question? :)

Posted: Jan 10th 2010 11:37AM (Unverified) said

Blizzard must be a really great company to work for, seeing as no disgruntled employees have taken it upon themselves to anonymously spill the beans after all this time.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:40AM SgtBaker said

They moved Jeff Kaplan from WoW to work on this new gig -
...
...
My prediction:
It the game might be called Innovation Zero. It's most likely going to feature fantastic dungeons called Instances where the characters gain something called Experience Points, Levels and Tokens that can be exchanged to Super Tokens if you collect enough of them. After these Super Tokens, they can be exchanged to new equipment and gear called The Epics.

The will be eerily like Everquest - only in space.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:49AM GenericPerson said

You sound like a visionary, you should be expecting a call from any major gaming developer any moment now.

I do have to agree, very few companies seem to try to venture outside the box.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 9:45AM Conceyted said

I hope it is something Fantasy rather than Sci-Fi. I just can't seem to get into the Sci-Fi MMO scene.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:20AM (Unverified) said

"I cant get into the sci-fi mmo scene"

the same could be said about fantasy mmo scene before WoW :)

Didnt they hint that their next MMO is taking place in the present time?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:22AM Conceyted said

I was into Fantasy MMO way before WoW. EQ and DAOC are what got me started.

Also, I was not aware that they had hinted to a present day MMO.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:33AM (Unverified) said

the hint was in this article

"broad appeal" hinted blizzard

not exactly a present day hint , but one of the comments said that it will probably be like 2nd life, which is present day :)

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:12AM (Unverified) said

I would be happy if Blizzard never announced anything unless it would be out within a year. The full star craft 2 game will end up costing $49.99 x 3 = 149.97 and no LAN. They could have waited a few years to even talk about it and just finish the damn game. Diablo 3.... don't get me started... That's a joke.

I could really care less if Blizzard makes another MMO, but, if they do... for the love of GOD please put it in space or something.... I am so sick of elves and trolls.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:23AM (Unverified) said

torchlight 2 will probably be out before Diablo 3 :)

seriously though, the torchlight MMO will give D3 a fight

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:19AM Dranaerys said

I kind of doubt it, They will announce some details of the first SC2 expansion, a litte more on D3 and for Warcraft they will tease more stuff about Cataclysm since it undoubtedly will be delayed until fall. Maybe well get a little montage video trailer where they show off the new features, like worgen, goblins, dance studio... oh, wait. :P

Oh, and some really hot chick in full bodypaint will cosplay as a nelf.

There, Blizcon '10 summed up for you, you dont even have to go anymore.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:33AM blomma said

Here's hoping for some hot goblin cosplay.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:22AM Tom in VA said

Hmmm, well, my hope is for a completely soloable MMO, with a full multiplayer economy and crafting, but where grouping is a fun option -- OPTION -- but never a requirement.

A lot of game devs seem to be moving in this direction (even Lich King was more like this than previous editions of WoW), and I think it's great. If we need to come up with a new acronym other than "MMO" to fit this type of online multiplayer game, I'm fine with that.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 1:58PM Crsh said

They've been milking the D3 and SC2 cards for far too long already, to the point where I wonder if it's intentional or if the Activision merger caused some delays because it's down-right ridiculous.

If you're going to announce a new product, ship it within the next 12 months.

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 7:49PM Eamil said

You're new to Blizzard games, aren't you?

Google Starcraft and "operation cwal."

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:13PM (Unverified) said

Blizzard's next MMO will not be a clone of the WoW business model. Why would they want to steal customers from their own game? Think business here people.

I would expect something no one has yet considered. It has to be completely new or it will be accused of a WoW clone. Blizzard doesn't want to compete against WoW, they have no reason to.

Something like Second Life seems plausable but I don't think it will go that way.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:17PM (Unverified) said

Some people are saying the reason for SC2's delay is because technology and graphics have progressed so much in the past 2 years that the new SC2 demo shown looked old in comparison to games like Mass Effect (graphics and story telling), especially in single player mode.

So Blizzard is in the process of doing it all over again, so it is on par with what is out there at present.