Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:20AM Cendres said

Yay Canadian studio!! Wish them well and hope things go a lot better for Funcom this year.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:33AM (Unverified) said

I want TSW to be good.

In Ragnar we trust.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 11:01AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Me too... I just remember what Funcom did with AoC and have really no trust that it will be worth anything the first year+. I hope I am wrong and FC learned their lesson.. but I know better. I have to admit the genre of Dark Conspiracy or Shadow World is truly intriguing and a game would be something new in a fantasy dominated MMO industry. Still dislike FC for AoC but maybe they could get back the hundreds of thousands they lost with SW. Fingers Crossed for a Complete product/finished MMO.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 11:23AM Wensbane said

Ragnar Tørnquist hasn't failed me yet. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are two of my favorite games of all times, if TSW turns out to be HALF the game those two are...

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 11:31AM (Unverified) said

Good news for Montreal!

More Montreal video game industry news and jobs.

Montreal Game Company Listing and Map:

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 11:45AM Its Utakata stupid said

So when are they going to have a Canadian server for AoC, eh?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 12:37PM (Unverified) said

Give me my anarchy online graphics update already you hosers!

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 3:06PM JediPagan said

I can't wait for TSW. Sadly, this news sounds like the game is still at least a year away. /sob

Posted: Jan 9th 2010 1:07PM SkuzBukit said

This is a direct result of Canada's incentives package for game developer's, aiming to capitalise on the revue potential that this industry offers they set up a lucrative benefits & tax breaks package that is very tempting to developers, so Funcom basically cut staff in Europe & re-employ overseas.

If other governments take the same tact then there will be further migratory development houses & it will be interesting how fast or slow countries cotton on to this to try to retain their own native game-creation talent.

With that said, I hope this works out well.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous