Posted: Jan 7th 2010 3:44PM Dumac said

Nice, from everything shown so far about Global Agenda, Hi-Rez is a studio with cojones. Respect.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 3:48PM (Unverified) said

Frankly, I'm offended.
where do they get off portraying women as not so scantily clad? It goes against all videogame reality.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 3:57PM dudes said

This will start a fetish craze off for armored women.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 4:03PM Magius said

You know I am the type that don't mind either way.
As long as it makes sense.

I understand the argument of protection but some need to realize, and this is something not implemented in any MMO so far that I know, that there are several other factors to consider. Off the top of my head: mobility, location are very important.

Try moving around in a full suit of armor, you are not going to be faster than a person in leather or cloth, that is a fact (unless you are in a Sci-fi game like the one picture above that is). So while full armor will, hopefully, protect you from projectiles and most thrusts it can be a hindrance in close combat. the longer the combat goes the worse it will get.

Things get worse or better depending on the location. In the tropics full armor would be murder, not so in frigid areas (if the insides are well insulated).

It never makes sense to me to see heavily armored people lounging about in supposedly high heat, humid environments as seeing bikini-armor clad maidens prancing around a Tundra. Unless you are a fairy or your armor has Acme's Enviro-control enchant, it is just as bad.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 4:32PM Kalex716 said

Say it with me.... "Power"..... thats right "Armor"...

Power Armor in fiction can be used to undermine/debunk the notion of the limited practicality of armor in any/all situations should you choose so through your games aesthetic. We can all easily imagine how this "power" armor can even go as far as making you Faster, Stronger, Quicker, AND more durable. in sci-fi (more common), its techno based, in fantasy (less common), its magic based.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 4:32PM Dblade said

The character design is ugly. If you want to make a realistic feel, at least have good design, or remove gender entirely from the armor. Non-exploitative doesn't mean ugly.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 4:48PM Its Utakata stupid said

I think they look great actually...

...accept the suit with the wierd cod piece is my only gripe.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 6:52PM (Unverified) said

No matter how good it is, and no matter their good decision with the female clothing, I just don't think I'll ever play it.

And the only reason is the art. I don't like the direction of the super futuristic armors.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 7:25AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Jan 15th 2010 4:05PM blackcat7k said

Still the best female armor design in all of gaming!

Posted: Jan 14th 2010 4:18PM mszv said

Oh thank god, an MMORPG (or is this a shooter?) where women aren't running around in those skimpy clothes. I wasn't even planning to play this,and now I'm tempted.

Some of the other games aren't so bad. In Guild Wars some of the clothing for women has them mostly covered.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014