Posted: Jan 7th 2010 6:42PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I bought a alpha voucher which was supposed to have automatic beta access, but I was unable to log in. He doesn't respond to his emails either. I was all about this game but it's really just a scam at this point when he's charging for game time like this and not even providing support for those who did pay but are unable to play.

Sorry.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 9:07PM (Unverified) said

The voucher has given you 30days of access. What i have said is that if you start your account during the alpha less then 30 days before the beta would begin, your time would obviously spill over to the Beta. I have NEVER stated that alpha access would guarantee free Beta access. If you got your key during the end of the Alpha you have gotten far more time then the 30 days you payed for, since i stopped the count down on all accounts for the last month.

I m sorry that you are unhappy, but the terms are very clearly stated on the website, in non lawyer speak.

Im fairly convinced i haven't got an email from you since i read them all. I get 50+ Emails a day so it is possible that it has gotten lost. Please, try again

I make no profit form the 3 euros what so ever, it is money only used for the server farm. If you don't like donating for a beta i completely understand and think you should wait until the final release. This is about giving people the OPTION to check out the game, not forcing or scamming anyone.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 10:58PM Mr Angry said

Eskil, you just earned my $3.

I wish you all the very best with this project and hope it proves to be a huge success to show that MMO's are more than uninspired treadmills.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:07AM (Unverified) said

"I was all about this game but it's really just a scam at this point when he's charging for game time like this and not even providing support for those who did pay but are unable to play."

it's all about you isn't it?

grow a hear you stupid [insert bad f word here]

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 6:46PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
You have to BUY your way into the beta.

They should be paying ME to help them test their game.

...and yes I did read through the eintire page so I know why they are doing it. It's still stupid.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 6:47PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
(and by "they" I mean "he")

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 7:16PM (Unverified) said

Its just one guy running this people, how the hell do you expect him to pay for the servers without charging? Hes not exactly some big corporation with huge cash reserves.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 7:59PM Van said

• Half a heart
Because it's so hard to do considering just how many private game servers there are out there of basically any MMO? Did I forget to mention how many F2P MMOs there are? I can understand that he wants to be compensated for his hard work, but blaming it on server costs is as lame as excuses can get. Heck, there are companies that sponsor this sort of thing.

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 8:06PM (Unverified) said

If he limited beta testers to a select few then people would whine about not being allowed into the beta. By charging a nominal fee for the beta this gives people a chance to get in but now they whine they have to pay for it.

Geez, this must be Generation "E" (for "Entitlement.")

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 8:21PM Saker said

Something different thank any-and-all-gods! This stagnant genre needs new blood desperately!

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 10:29PM Gloon said

Yeah... that's great and all. But how is the game? Is there a NDA involved or can anyone who has actually played it give us their impressions?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 12:45AM (Unverified) said

I donated and joined the beta, here's my thoughts on the first fifteen minutes. Please keep in mind that I really just jumped into this. I perused the manual and watched one video. I might be missing something entirely but:

- I am constantly getting killed by things that I don't understand or recognize as dangerous. That is doubly annoying because the sound isn't implemented or working properly on my machine, so I get little to no warning in that sense either.

- After I die, I spawn in something called the Endo Reef. I seem to be underwater and die again immediately because I cannot hold my breath for more than a few seconds. I was able to skim along the surface of the water and get towards some gleaming tower, which promptly shot and killed me.

- On further inspection, I might be getting killed by this red ball of death in the water. It's sucking me, and what I think are other bodies into it.

- When I restart the game, sometimes it spawns me outside of the water and I can walk around a bit more. The visuals are strange and sometimes very hard to understand, but I think with time it will seem normal. When I run away from black things I tend to last longer.

- Success!? I found a screen (like a literal screen in the world, it's like a TV sitting in the forest) that talks about a settlement and gives coordinates, but as I don't understand the controls system for coords, I cannot find it.

- I come back to massively to see if anyone in the comments can shine light on where the hell I'm supposed to find a monolith/settlement or how to fight back against these nameless terrors killing me. Oh well.

I still want this game to work and am very willing to give it a much more generous try considering how cool it sounds in concept.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:48AM (Unverified) said

I've found out that my account/character is bugged. If when you type you see the name "Alion" you should go to the forums and read up on the bug.

Once I got onto a better character (randomly generated names apparently?) I was given a waypoint to the nearest settlement. When I got there it was hundreds of feet in the air and I had no idea how to get there. I logged off and on and found myself on the top of this massive tower people had built and found all sorts of tools and the actual monolith I was looking for.

The settlement looked like crap (as the few people that were there agreed) and is pretty useless because the original inhabitants constructed it so ridiculously. I guess my hope is that the AI comes buy and shoots it down so we can start over fresh.

I will be logging on tomorrow to see.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 5:02AM (Unverified) said

Im genna get in on this!

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 10:02AM (Unverified) said

@Ryan

"When I run away from black things I tend to last longer."

You got a good laugh out of me for that one. I think Chapter 57 of the user manual for this game should just be that quote.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 12:08PM Joshua Przygocki said

Can the vouchers be sent to America, and how long would it take?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:55PM (Unverified) said

The vouchers are sent over email, so they come instantly. Paypal also takes care of the whole euro to dollar conversion if you are worried about that.

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 2:58PM (Unverified) said

Anyone else having issues logging in after purchasing a voucher?

Posted: Jan 8th 2010 4:19PM (Unverified) said

I think im on server UK2, either way it seams that it is down :( played no problem this morning.