Posted: Jan 5th 2010 6:01PM Neurasthenic said

Everquest II is the one MMO I think I'll always regret not playing... Looks like they have a ton of content and some great environments, but I feel like I'd never make it even close to the level cap at this point in the game's lifespan.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 6:30PM Schwa83 said

You can still start! Leveling to cap is not hard and can be done quickly if that is your focus. However, the journey is great. Find a nice guild and you can still get a ton of enjoyment out of this game.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 6:34PM (Unverified) said

For some reason, I can never get past the animations. They just seem so... poor. D:

Though I do have to ask, does role playing exist in any significant quantities on any of the EQ2 servers?

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 7:25PM (Unverified) said

I started playing a little over a year ago and played for 3 or 4 months. I definitely think it's the best on the market and has so much to see and do it's unbelievable. BUT, it is definitely all about end game and that was a huge turnoff for me. It was next to impossible to get groups for any of the dungeons before end game, and being a completionist, it just killed me not being able to do so much that was in the game.

Posted: Jan 6th 2010 4:03AM (Unverified) said

As long time World of Warcraft players on and off (from when it launched), not to mention other mmos like Lotro, my girlfriend and I have just started up two accounts on Everquest 2 after its excellent price on the Steam Holiday Sale.

It is amazing! We are both blown away. It took us some time to get past the roughness of the game engine, animations etc (something most WoW players don't even bother to do when they try a new mmo. They seem to play it for about twenty minutes and subconsiously try to find every tiny detail that makes it worse than WoW. I know, I have been like that in the past -.-) But after getting past these little gripes it opens out into a truly gigantic game filled to the brim with content.

Personally for me, the greatest aspect is that there is so much more to do than just aim for gear (which let's face it is the only thing to aim for in the previously mentioned mmo). We love the player housing most of all I think. Anyway, all I can say is the game can still be enjoyed even when you don't have a high level (and the Christmas event was stunning) or a guild, but it certainly is top heavy as you'd expect.

And yes Clockwork, Antonia Bayle server has a big rp community (we're both roleplayers ourselves ^^) Overall the game won't be for everyone, we certainly didn't think it would capture us the way it did, but it's well worth trying out if you love a huge world with loads of content.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 7:17PM ultimateq said

levels 85-90? Wow. I think it might be cool to have it level-less. Meaning no level limit. Just keep going, who cares anymore. No I'm not trolling, that was a legitimate suggestion. Levels are dumb.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 7:30PM TheJackman said

Is ever quest still for 5 bucks?!

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 7:56PM twodee said

Best 5$ I've spent in awhile. I'm eagerly awaiting this expansion.