Posted: Jan 5th 2010 10:13AM (Unverified) said

Maybe this is why its such a grand to farm kinah in NC soft games, to buy items.

Sometimes a glitch happens.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 10:21AM ultimateq said

That's kind of insane.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 10:22AM (Unverified) said

Luckily for them it was only the Azphel server. They're getting it taken care of and compensating Azphel players with a few bonus XP items for their lost time, though I feel for those who weren't a part of the bug at all and still lost all that time spent leveling, crafting, gathering, etc.

These things happen, unfortunately and as much as the word "rollback" makes most MMO players cringe, there's no other way to truly ensure that all that kinah is wiped away.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 11:07AM Pingles said

In the past five or six MMOs I've played (including three through beta) I have never seen a rollback. Last one I think was Dank Age of Camelot after launch.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 11:18AM (Unverified) said

In games that allow characters from different servers to form groups I wonder how they would contain something like this? Perhaps they are prohibited from trading with each other?

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 11:58AM Unverfied B said

Not sure about other games but in WOW you can't trade any permanent item or money when doing cross-server battlegrounds or dungeons.

You can give other players conjured items that disappear after logging off for 15 minutes (healthstones, mage-made water, etc)

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 12:20PM TheJackman said

If you talking about WoW, there is no gold trading allowed between cross factions. You Are only allowed to trade stuff you got in the battleground, runs!

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 12:50PM spamero said

1) go to gadged in tanaris, neutral ah there
2) put 1x Wool Cloth on ah for 1000000 gold
3) somebody buys it - giving you money

this is how you can transfer money between factions in wow

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 2:27PM ultimateq said

What he said.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 7:59PM ultimateq said

So I decided to do it. I decided to get Eve, but I failed to realize that the $5 special is no longer available. So that really sucks. I'll have to debate whether or not I want to spend the $20 for it or not.

Maybe I'll play it less risky and go for the trial. I'm scared though. Because if I actually INVEST money into the game, I'll probably put more effort into learning it.

If anyone is out there and plays around an eastern (or close to it) time zone and wants to become a mentor, let me know!

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 8:14PM ultimateq said

Wow totally the wrong post. Shitz.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 10:47PM (Unverified) said

That reminds me why i dont play Ncsoft games.
In serious MMOs, there are scripts and tools for gms, which notifies them in case someones money/xp grows with incredible amount in a very short time. Thats why they react in a few mins and no need for 10 hours rollbacks, punishing everyone on the server. (Aion gm's getting the news from only the players is the biggest joke btw)

Posted: Jan 6th 2010 9:28AM (Unverified) said

Soooo glad I dropped this game. Pity, as the I kinda liked the game itself, the support was just atrocious.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014