Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 11:19AM LEeHamM said

I cant wait to play this game, but i think they should maybe give some indication the the beta date, there is so much info already on this game.
I could see a fall 2010 release if there is a beta in spring.
Good article on SWTOR.com lol

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 1:44PM MrGutts said

They are handling it like a normal real beta.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 11:37AM Holgranth said

• 1 heart
Am I the only one that thinks that they are seriously overhyping people? I know several people who have been listening to the hype and have basically mapped out what the game is going to be like.

The thing is none of their maps are the same, they have all formed very different pictures of what the game will be like. I for one think they need to cut the info down to a trickle unless beta is coming out within 2-3 months.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 3:17PM Valdur said

They are doing what Mythic did with Destruction before releasing WAR.Some people believe in this game because it is made by Bioware,others because it's the Star Wars universe.Personally I have not been convinced "yet" that this game will rock and I don`t like the art style.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 11:52AM (Unverified) said

Hype is just marketing. all businesses do it and the community takes it further. If you fall for it and are ultimately disappointed it's no ones fault but your own.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 12:27PM (Unverified) said

This game appears to be in a good position to offer a wide variety of play-styles.

I cannot wait to try this game... i only hope it comes sooner than later.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 12:51PM ultimateq said

The suit that guy is wearing sort of reminds me of Tabula Rasa.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 1:40PM Lateris said

I am going to gamble and say the release will be in 2011.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 4:47PM Anticrawl said

I wish this game would come out already damn, I'm ready. Hopefully for it's own sake it comes out before Guild Wars 2, otherwise I may be skipping over it. Whichever one of the two comes out first will command my time for the next few years.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 5:52PM JaySpeed said

I want to like this game but the art style is killing the appeal for me. It's like a high rez WoW. I don't want to play comic book/cartoony graphics in 2010. I understand a less graphics intensive game can be played by a broad audience on old PC's but that's what there are detail sliders. You can make AoC or LOTRO look bad if you have an old PC but you can still play the game. You can also make them look outstanding if you have newer hardware.

Graphics aside, I'd love some real gameplay info. Is it an online co-op RPG or is it a full scale MMO? How are the class stories going to work in a group? Each class has a different story so is everyone following the group leaders story line? Is the world instanced like Guild Wars or is it a real MMO? Is there going to be crafting, player housing, guilds, vehicles, auction halls, raid dungeons? I love Bioware and I know they can put together a great story but we'll see if they can put together a great MMO. Single player RPG's are a completely different beast.

Posted: Jan 4th 2010 7:48AM Snichy said

Jason, apparently only jslim419 is allowed to have an opinion now...! Dont you dare disagree with him (or her).

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 8:33PM Orvidos said

I hope many Bothans died to bring us this information. . .

(And now, I will go shoot myself. But really, it had to be done.)

Looking forward to surgically destroying what life I have left when this comes out and I try to play through the entire storyline of every class.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2010 10:40AM fatpanda said

@Jason, a lot of the questions have been answered:

Posted: Jan 3rd 2010 11:18AM TheJackman said

I do not care about graphics as long as they look ok and are in color I am happy! But what bother me in most Bioware games is that there is a hell lot of talking and loading but little game play... Its a great way to tell a story and work great in Dragon Age and Mass Effect but in my mmo's I sometimes what just log in kill some stuff when I had a bad day and log-out without have to go tru 100 of lines of text or listen to many people talking and going on and on about what they need or want of your toon. Can Bioware make a mmo that is far away from there single player games that got more game play them voice overs?! Thats my big question!

Posted: Jan 4th 2010 6:35AM HackJack said

You can

a) NOT ENGAGE in conversations with NPCs if you don't want to/don't have time

b) SKIP conversations already initialized with NPCs

Is that good enough for ya? Or are you going to complain that skipping (VOICED) dialogues requires the pressing of a key?