Posted: Dec 31st 2009 2:51PM (Unverified) said

Please use Before Wow - (BW) and After WoW - (AW) so we can easily determine what time frame in the annals of history you are referring to. Since everything before WoW sucked and everything after WoW is a rip off we can pin point in time what is being discussed. Thank You...

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 3:21PM Pingles said

Quote: "Long live the Empire!"

We'll be putting all of that Empire scum in their place soon enough.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 3:24PM (Unverified) said

Those look like Warhammer 40k Necrons, right down to the symbols.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:15PM Lateris said

Is this game a pure skill system with no levels?

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:22PM (Unverified) said

No, it's level-based.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:23PM Firebreak said

I think you have this confused with another game. This one is not really doing anything very innovative just refining what has been done before in an enjoyable ftp model.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:26PM (Unverified) said

I have to agree with Morskittar that they really have the look and feel of Necrons from Warhammer 40000. That's why I love the race so much in Allod's. 8-)

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 5:08PM Lateris said

Bummer! I read the info on the game and saw that it has 28 professions which sounds interesting and hundreds of skills. What do they mean by skills?

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 5:37PM Hexedian said

Err, no, there are 8 classes, with each of the 28 race/class combinations having a unique name and skill. This is a very traditional race/class game.

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 12:12AM Lateris said

Well I started my new years eve party a little early and misread that!

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 3:06AM (Unverified) said

The game is "wowlike" in pretty much the best way possible. It takes the art style, the controls, and the factions. After that it pretty much throws it all out the window for something that feels very different. I've played a couple of classes so far, and each of them feels very different than anything I've played in any other game. This one has real potential.

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 7:06AM (Unverified) said

no one pointed out the lovecraft reference yet?

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 10:15PM Darkwood71 said

@ Pingles, ":We'll be putting all of that Empire scum in their place soon enough."

Bring it you tree hugging fairies! Elf wings are my favorite treat next to Gibber legs (all 6 of 'em) and Kanian hearts. I'm sure you'll have something I can feast on. Muahahahaha! =)

@ Rav and Morskittar

The Empire art reminds me of a mix between Full Metal Alchemist, Warmachine and WH40K. I really like it (even if it isn't completely original), and yes, the Arisen get lots of love from me.

@ Everyone else

Yes, the interface is WoW like, but, in my opinion, the game has a very different feel to it during play. If you're not put off by bugs and ui inconsistencies that are a part of beta testing, I'd say give it a try before you judge. However, if said bugs are a problem for you (or you don't have a lot of patience), I'd recommend waiting until it does live before diving in (I'm rather tired of the complaining in zone chat).

Regards,

Jason

Posted: Jan 2nd 2010 6:30PM Tom L said

Very impressed with the closed beta so far. The UI needs some refinement in places, but the game is really well paced and fun through the first 12 levels.

Character building is interesting and multi-faceted with two separate progression paths which need to be integrated. The engine is just gorgeous as has been shown before on Massively. As a Wow-veteran I'm looking forward to how the end-game diverges from the levelling.

Ta,