Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:41PM (Unverified) said

This article pushes me over the edge and now I have to add another MMO that I have to try out.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 4:44PM (Unverified) said

So you can venture into Klingon and Romulan territory? Very cool. I thought I had heard otherwise. :\

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 5:59PM (Unverified) said

Is it just me, or is using the Borg as a tutorial for the game just totally disempowering them? The Borg are supposed to be the ultimate big bad in the Trek universe not a milk run for a fresh faced ensign to cut their teeth on.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 6:05PM dudemanjac said

Maybe something about the situation explains the use of borg.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 8:31PM Anatidae said

Heh, then maybe you'll get a chance before release to learn otherwise :)

Everyone has made that comment about the borg. I have to agree - don't the Borg modulate their sheilds so that phasers stop working on them?

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 9:49PM Sente said

Oh, did they not thell you it was Björn Borg clones? :)

Seriously though, wait until you get the chance to try the tutorial first.

Posted: Dec 31st 2009 6:38PM Verus said

Sounds good.

Finally ordered a copy of the game!

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 7:30AM Snichy said

Great article - it sure has alleviated some of my fears about the game. Im glad that space does feel HUGE and not constricted in any way. Hopefully what you have said may result in some of the doom-mongers turning their attentions to another random game that they havent played (but I doubt it)

Posted: Jan 1st 2010 5:58PM ployer said

I completely agree with you, I am glad that space has a vast feel to it. I can't wait to play this game!

Posted: Jan 4th 2010 3:02PM WhatDeficit said

• Half a heart
Does Cryptic give you money? These gush pieces are ridiculous and couldn't be more full of misinformation.

Space in the game is tight, instanced and clumsy. Systems have maybe one planet in them.

The game is a joke by MMO standards.

Posted: Jan 5th 2010 12:01AM Eryxx said

Ant, please don't troll here.

I've been following this game for almost three years now, although the first two really don't count since P-petual lost the IP and Cryptari bought it up. Anyhow, I was very skeptical at first and still have a few lingering doubts, but overall I'm very eager to give this a try.

Preorder CE is in place, just waiting for my open beta key to arrive so I can begin (and hopefully complete) my journey into the Trek universe.

!!

Posted: Jan 7th 2010 4:57PM (Unverified) said

Ok...my nerd is going to show a bit. But they basically disempowered the Born in the First Contact movie. They made the destruction of the cube ridiculously easy. The Borg had to rely on cunning to survive where they normally just mowed over species. Plus there was plenty of dialogue in the movie on how Star Trek techs have created modulating rifles now. I like that the Borg have become a secondary threat. The Dominion was a much more realistic enemy anyway. Klingons and Romulans are good old ST stand-bys who tend to get the raw end of the deal as of late, I'm glad they're establishing their prominence again.

I've got my CE pre-order in and I'm anxiously awaiting the open beta and early start programs...though I should have gotten it at BestBuy, who wouldn't want a tribble. Really. lol

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story